Mezza Luna Red Bulk aging - how long?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I3igDmsu

Junior
Reaction score
I have a Mezza Luna red that I have been Bulk aging for 4 months. When should I start bottling? Should I add 1/4 tsp of kmeta and mix before bottling? Thanks.

I have a Mezza Luna red that I have been Bulk aging for 4 months. When should I start bottling? Should I add 1/4 tsp of kmeta and mix before bottling? Thanks.

That's entirely up to you. I usually bottle mine after 3-4 months. I also always add a 1/4 of kmeta before bottling.

I tasted and it had some co2 still. I wine whipped for a good 10 mins and degasses with a pump for at least another 10 mins. I could still feel the co2 for some reason so I reracked and am letting it sit for a while longer. Any thoughts on this? It's been Bulk aging for 4 months and I did a lot of degassing so not sure why I am still feeling co2??

What is the temperature of the environment that the carboy is located in? I have a few of mine in our basement at about 67*F and they hold onto the CO2 like....I had better not go there. Needless to say, I move them upstairs into a mid 70's environment and they degass much better up there.

Latest posts

Back