WineXpert Merlot HoHo!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got mine last week so you should get it pretty quick. Sadly I have to be out of town for 2 weeks and can't start it yet. :(
You going to do any tweaking?

Nope...I usually don't tweak...I'm too much of a souse with wine to care ROFL!!!

Besides...I just like making the kits...I enjoy what Winexpert does...this HoHo methinks will be fantastic!!! It'll be like Christmas in a bottle!! I like the cinnamon stick idea :)

Toodles!!

JUST got mine today...yesh...but started!!

Lori?? How's yours coming along??

It's in the secondary right now. I beefed it up to. 1.10 SG using corn sugar, a can of frozen grape juice, 1/2 the fpac and about 12 oz of an organic black cherry concentrate. The fpac has a really strong spice flavor to it. I know it's a holiday wine, but it was pretty strong.
It seems to be rather light, like a wine cooler. I think it will be a decent party wine. As long as you consider its a wine cooler and not really wine.
let me know when you get yours going what you think. I know you won't tweak it so it will be fun to compare notes. Maybe even trade a bottle.

Sent from my iPad Air because I spilled wine on my MacBook. Waaaah! :(

Might need some strong spice to keep warm up here this winter LOL!!!

Wonder if I should add half to my primary as well?? Suggestions?? What would it accomplish?? I started it yesterday...too late to add??

It is a Mist kit so no doubt it'll be a cooler wine...I've only ever done just a couple of Mist kits but all were served over ice or cut with something like 7-Up :)

Tell me something...how would I get a bottle to you?? We are looking at about 2000 miles!!

If you only started yesterday, it's not too late. Plenty of time for the yeast to chew through the sugar. Just be aware that the fpac contains the spices, so if you want it heavily spiced, leave it for later.
Are you on the other side of our northern border? I know know if shipping to Canada would be easy. Other wise, good ole UPS.

Sent from my iPad Air because I spilled wine on my MacBook. Waaaah! :(

I've been peeking at this kit, but kind of feel like my mulled wine might pack more flavour... Very interested to see how this goes for you both!

Ray...share please :D

BTW...the Stout look fantastic!!! Will be bottling later this week!!! Super pumped!!

Next I want to try making alcohol with essence :)

Oh...and Lori...how's the Enigma coming along??

The Enigma is in the secondary right now. It didn't come with an fpac, skins or anything. I added 1 cup of med American toast to the secondary along with 2 tsp of Tannin Riche. It's much drier than I expected but has a really interesting blend of flavors. It's hard to pinpoint any particular varietal. I think it's going to be much drier than Apothic Red. Not a bad thing really. I can drink dry all night long.

Here's my "recipe" I tend to be more of a "kitchen sink" cook with these things :)
During the year I dry and save large pieces of zest from my oranges, limes, grapefruits, and lemons.

I take tea bag silk and do up packets (these also double for apple cider)
1) Vanilla bean
2) Cloves
3) Nutmeg
4) Cinnamon
5) Ginger
6) Citrus peel
(options) ginger, star anise, allspice
Each one is slightly different, and I adjust depending on what I have on hand.

Take a cup or two of wine and heat to boiling, then toss in 1-2 tea bags. Let it boil for a couple of minutes to get the spices nice and hot.

Pop a bottle or two of nice, dry, full-bodied red wine into a slow cooker, and some simple syrup to taste. Add the wine-tea and bags, and let it gently warm (no boiling).

I will leave this in the cooker most of the day, gently warming, and people take as they like.

Nice Raylene! I never though of using a crock pot.

Sent from my iPad because I spilled wine on my MacBook. Waaaah! :(

The crock pot is awesome, we have this super old one that I think was used for soups or something in the 70's or 80's. Just keeps the temps nice and warm without getting too hot.

I hope you will let me know if you try it, and what you think :)

It sounds easy and the aroma must be something Scentsy can only hope to duplicate.
I will have all of my kids, (well daughters age 25-37) here for Thanksgiving. Sounds like a great time to get everyone In the holiday spirit as we attack sale ads at 11pm and plan our strategy.
I promise to try it and report back. Thanks for the recipe.

Sent from my iPad because I spilled wine on my MacBook. Waaaah! :(

I was wondering how everyone's kits are going? I started mine on Tuesday and it's already stagnant at 1.0. I think I shall rack it tomorrow. Just wondering how everybody else's kits are going and if anyone's tasted it yet :)

I hummed and hawed about getting this kit, then on Wednesday, it was sold out in most stores in Winnipeg. Managed to get 2 from Pembina WineSense. I sniff the syrup pack, smells like mincemeat, I think it will be great!

Latest posts

Back