Member Bio’s

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do like to make the grand entry, but pictures were taken tonight. As soon as I get home, I will post them. Have to ship these orders tonight, since I will be out of town until Saturday. Tomorrow is the big trip to LD Carlson. No telling what I will find to sell. What out!

Stinkie,

Ido most of my shipping at night, so you are not keeping me here, although the last order I shipped was heading your way.
smiley36.gif

Folks,

My name is Vaughn Hardman and I am sort of a neighbor of George (His store is in Carrollton and I live about 20 miles west). I have the priveledge of actually picking up what I need at the store instead of waiting to have it shipped.
smiley2.gif

I am a courseware developer for Tellabs. That's fancy talk for "I write training courses for a tellecomm company." I live in Euless, TX which is a sleepy little subburb between Dallas and Fort Worth.

My wife and I have enjoyed wine for years. So much so, that we started the process of opening our own business. We fell in love with a franchise here called D'Vine Wine of Texas. It is a micro-winery where all of the wine sold is made on the premise and we would offer wine making classes and facilities for customers to come in and make their own wine. The concept came out of Canada where taxes on wine are very high. If customers buy wine kits and make their own, they avoid the taxes.

We have about half of the capital we need to get started and we are now looking for a partner or a private investor. In the meantime, we are learing about wine making on our own.I started my first home batch last month and I am patiently waiting for it to be ready to bottle. The smell of bubbling yeast is intoxicating!

Looking forward to learning a few things from you pros out there.

Welcome Vaughn to the forum and the awesome hobby of making your own wine.

Hi All, My name is Bill Benedetti. I was born and raised in upstate New York about an hour from the Finger Lakes wine regeion. After 4 years in the Navy, I relocated to Miami Florida where I was an Air Traffic Controller at the Miami Air Traffic Center. I later Moved to my present location here in Warner Robins Ga, where I retired in 1996. I started making wine a few years ago when my wife got me a wine kit for Christmas, and I have been hooked since. I make a little of everything, that is country fruit wines, kit wines, and Muscadine wines. I work part time in a nursery (plants trees etc). I have been married for 35 years and have 2 sons. I also play a little guitar but as as a child of the 60s I was a Bass guitar player in a Rock band. Well i guess that about covers it. Cheers to all

Bill

Vaughan and Bill,

Welcome to our forum. We are always looking for more wine makers or more wine. I never can remember which one we want!
smiley2.gif

Now I remember, IT'S BOTH! Glad to have you.

Aloha Bill,

Welcome to the forum! "A great, another rocker from the past. Ya still got the bass and equipment in the closet?
smiley36.gif

Hi All and thank you for the welcome. Nice to be here. I see that I know some folks here, Country Wine, Medezel, Vinnaker.

Maui Joe, No I dont, sure wish I did. I had a 1961 Fender P Bass, and a 1969 Fender Telecaster Bass, which they dont make any more. Boy am I sick. I did find a few on E-Bay, might just buy one some day.

Thanks again for the welcome.

Bill

I know what you mean Bill, it's amazing how old things value nowadays. I kept my Strat and tube amp. About the only thing I kept.

Hi everyone, This is the Polish Wine Princess, aka Bert's wife. I figured that since he spends so much time with his/our wines and so much time poking around the Forum, I better get my own log-on! Maybe this way I'll get more conversation from him!
smiley2.gif
I work in Customer Relations for a large company and can honestly say I love my job. But, there are many days when I call home to say that I would be very pleased if a bottle were ready for opening upon my arrival to take the edge off the day.

My interest in making wine comes from my parents who started when I was about 12. We once picked cherries in Michigan and rushed home to Wisconsin to get to work on turning them into wine. We also used rhubarb and currents grown in our yard. This was quite a while before all the great kits that are now available but after the time they came out with air locks and other great tools. We didn't have to resort to balloons!
smiley36.gif
Since Bert has become obsessed with making wine I have pretty well backed out of it, except when he needs help with something. If he's happy then I'm happy and can just go do whatever I want to do.

RamRod, You can see my mug shot if you go to the picture of Bert. That was the night he took me out on the town instead of his girlfriend! I'm the one WITHOUT the mustache!
smiley2.gif
It's on page 1 of this topic.

Back