Mosti Mondiale Meglioli question

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark

Reaction score
While waiting for the Yakima Riesling to arrive, I looked through the instructions from Mosti's website.Everything seems to be as expected, but it says to wait 8-12 weeks after secondary fermentation is done before adding the sulphite, sorbate, and isinglass. Then wait 2 more weeks to bottle. But it says nothing about degassing. I assume the extra 8-12 weeks will allow some of the CO2 to dissipate naturally, but is that enough to fully degas it? Should I MightyVac it after the 12 weeks anyway, just to be sure? Don't think that'll hurt anything, but thought I'd check with the experts first since this is my first Meglioli and I don't want to mess this one up.

In the instructions it says this 8-12 weeks is to allow the young wine to establish itself and achieve far greater complexity. You should degas before adding fining agent and i recommend the Mightyvac if you have 1.

That's what I thought - thanks for confirming it!(I've used the MightyVac twice so far, both times after using the MixStir, and found it a very effective combination. But this time I'll just use the MightyVac since it will have sat for so long first.)

Latest posts

Back