Mosti Mondiale Meglioli Cork Quality

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim M

Reaction score
Just getting ready to start my Meglioli Sangiovese Toscano, nice of them to include labels and corks.

For those of you who have these kits, do think that the included corks are of a high enough quality for these wines to reach their aging potential??

Thanks - Jim

I wondered the same thing, Jim. Just started the Amarone with raisins so bottling is a ways off.

I had originally thought about either winery grade corks or agglos with the real cork ends.

Jim

They are very high end natural corks. You will be very pleased with them.

The Megliolis come with corks?? Wow! Do they come with wine glasses too?
smiley4.gif

I was impressed with the quality of the corks that came with my Meglioli.

Joan, if they do, they left my glasses out. haha
They are nice corks and the neck labels are a nice touch also.

I am sorry to say the Megioli corks that came with my kit were dry. They did not got all the way down in the neck like George's corks do.....every time.
One actually broke off during corking. I threw the remaining ones out and used George's corks.

I hope the rest of you out there have better luck with your corks.

I normally use natural corks and find alot of times they are dry when received. But I put them in a sealed container with 1/2 filled cup kmeta for atleast 24 hrs before corking (I put the cup in the middle and lay the corks around the cup). That adds back moisture and sanitizes too. I haven't used the Meglioli corks yet because I plan to bulk age mine but I will do them the same way.
Edited by: Jackie

Back