Mosti Mondiale Meglioli Cab Sav del Veneto

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uavwmn

Reaction score
Got my kit on Thurs, Fri early afternoonI got itin the primary. Less than 24 hrs and I have this delicious deep red foamy yeasty goodness started!!
smiley1.gif

20080329_060929_MM_CabSav.JPG

I bet that smells great! Did you taste the must before pitching yeast? I did on all the Megliolis , and man does that juice taste incredible!

Ken, it came with the usual but with a yeast nutrient, and 2 bags of chene select oak. One bag of oak is darker than the other.
Supposed to add this oak to the carboy at the first racking. Something a little different than the other kits.
It looks and smells rich and delicious already.
smiley1.gif

PwP, I was surprised to see that amount of foam this morning! That was about 18 hrs worth.
smiley1.gif

2 1/2 days and the foam looks like grape jam!!!! Gave it a good stir to help fermation. But it looks to me like it doesn't need a kick in the pants!
smiley17.gif

20080330_114537_cabsav.JPG

Thanks for picts uavwmn, I have this kit on deck and I'll now what to look for! And, it sure looks GOOD!

Jack, mine did not come with 2 sets of directions. My amarone did not come with an oak pack. Just raisins.

The Cab Sav del veneto came with 2 packs of oak, one set of directions.
When I racked to the carboy the oak went in first, then the juice.

Hope this helps~

Sounds like the Cab didn't come with raisins? I didn't see that mentioned in the descr. but I kinda thought it would.
Next year I'll be debating between this one and the WE crushendo Cab so I can't wait to hear initial reactions. I would like to have tried it this year but two Meglioli's was all I could afford. I would expect it would need 1-2 years to come around. A good Cab is still my favorite red; never had an Italian one. I think the Cab in my Rojo Intenso is Chilean.

UAV,
Where are you on this kit?
I started mine 9/15/08. Fermentation complete 10/4 at SG of .996. Iconfirmed that reading 10/9. Racked then and added additional oak(1.5 oz each American and French both dark) and extended lees contact until 12/10. Racked off oak then and added clarifiers. It is clarifying now. I plan to rack next week, taste, add kmeta, and bulk age for a while. Am planning to add sorbate per instructions just before bottling. Any comments or suggestions?Edited by: Jack on Rainy

I'll post that next week Appleman. I am looking for a lot of oak early and then I am going to hide this one for a while!
smiley1.gif

Latest posts

Back