Mosti Mondiale Meglioli 2008

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your Highness you know I was really hoping you would want one
smiley36.gif
, just say the word and when its done I'll get some off to you and Poor Bert...appliances come with instructions now??

Thanks for that JW, I give up, every time we think we know what we are doing somebody goes and changes everything!
smiley15.gif

As you have figured out, the splash racking adds oxygen for the yeast and helps to de-gas at the same time. Remember, a little oxygen is good. A lot of oxygen is bad!

20080306_105918_000_0107_Small.jpg

Bottled the rest of January's Amarone today, put one in a Magnum for a friend that no matter what I'm making says he likes that kind and loves big bottles of it
smiley36.gif
, had about a coffee cup left over, sooo...Yeah, I got to say,even though a year or so ago I didn't care for many reds, this is truly a good one. I could drink a bottle of it now and be happy with it, cant imagine what it will be like in a year or so from now. Very pleased so far that I ordered these limited editions.

Been a little busy of late, preoccupied with family stuff...but still finding time to make a little vino! Started this Meglioli on the 22nd, just racked to glass, I give you Sangiovese Tuscano, pretty sure its going to be a good one same as Jan and Feb's Meglioli's. Last one I'll do, pre ordered the RJS Argentinean Tannat Merlot for April, but I do have a very favorable opinion and impression of these Megliolis, I believe all that ordered them are going to be well pleased!
20080328_071912_100_0355_Medium.jpg

George, just to let you know, the Meglioli Cab Sav del Veneto arrived Thurs.
The kit box is totally undamaged and looks like you just took it off the shelf in your store. ALL of the kits have arrived in that condition.
smiley17.gif

btw, the Cab Sav is in the primary as of yesterday!! Woo Hoo

I have a feeling it is MM kits for ole uavwmn from now on!!

JW, they ALL look so good!!! Nice bottling! I also made the MM AJ Amarone and shared a bottle with my neighbor early. It was delicious. Like you, I can't imagine this tasting more yummy down the road!!
Enjoy the Merlot!!!
smiley36.gif

MyWay, darn Forum, threads keep having me to order kits!! I think I have a "kit" addiction!! hahaha
smiley36.gif

Your are going to love that amarone!!!

My Rojo Intenso doesn't seem to want to go below .998 (adj for calibrating the hydrometer and temp). The temp is 74 F. It's been a week and no change. Usually my red kits go down to .992-.996 range. I stirred it and will check again tomorrow but I guess if there's no change I should move on. Sunday will be 3 weeks since I first started this one.

Hi Jackie,
I had a similar situation with the Barolo. I let it ride for a few more days with no change in the SG and racked it between .996 and .998. I probably should have reached out for advice but just went for it. I'll be interested to hear any feedback regarding this post.
Good luck with it, I hope it's not a problem for both our sakes

Frank The Tank

Latest posts

Back