Meeting Scotty & Rocky

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waldo

Reaction score
Yesterday morning was a treat for me as I drove down to Lake DeGray and got to meet Scotty and Rocky as well as several of their friends who were camping out on the lake. A great group of people they were. There were folks there from Montana, Tennessee, Missouri, Texas , Florida and don't exactly remember exactly where all they were from

scottyandrocky.jpg

They were busy cooking a campfire breakfast of dutch oven biscuits, pan fried bacon, some of Scottys Canadian bacon, fried potatoesand eggs. Sure made me wishI had not already eaten breakfast.

IMG_2026.jpg

campcooking.jpg

rocky.jpg

rockyandfriends.jpg

friendwithscotty.jpg

">

campcook.jpg

Scotty had to model his new "Redneck" cap he had bought for the occasion

scottymodelscap.jpg

Thanks for inviting me down Scotty and hope the remainder of your stay was as enjoyable for you and Rocky as yesterday morning was for me.

sailboat.jpg

sailboats.jpg

rockyandscottyatlake.jpg

Yesterday evening was quite enjoyable for me as I pulled a cork on a bottle of the Orange wine Scotty gave me. Scotty told me it was made from Orange Juice and it was a very good wine. I would put it up against any of the Island Mist kits I have tried. Perhaps Scotty will post his recipe for it when he returns home. I would really like to make a batch of this.

IMG_2042.jpg

Edited by: Waldo

I just love it when members here get to meet and swap vino and stories. Just makes the family a little tighter around here.

I dont think I even have to bother asking how the food was judging by all Scotty's posts. Im guessin that you were a slobberinnnn!

Looks like a good relaxing place to camp a few days, sure a good time to be had there!

What a beautiful place to camp,wish I could have been there too to meet Scotty and Rocky and see Waldo.

How does that cooker work with the dutch oven?

Looks like you all had a wonderful time!!!

Ramona

Ramona..I think he called it a tornado...it is a stand alone gill or you can use it as they did to stack the dutch ovens on. It really puts out the heat.

Wade, I did not get to stay for the eating as I had a previous engagement with some other friends to watch the Longhorns kick our butts good !!!

I would be interested in that Tornado charcoal burner...have to learn more about that....looks like something for the Cowboy Campfire Cafe.

Here are more pics including the texas flapjack that the @#$%$# fed to me

Speaking of making a sucker out of scotty. Ask #$%$#$ WALDO about his home made turkey call

Ramonaaaaaa! Dont be so selfish, you just had a Hurricane and now you want another. Save some for us girl!
smiley36.gif

LOLLOLLOL.......If it involves food and fun and wine!!! I'll be there!!!!
Wind, rain, hail, or sleet.......etc!!!!

scotty, ms rocky,

You all had such a great campsite, beatiful lake, great food. That must have been a long drive for you all, Did you camp along the way? Great Pictures of your friends, food.....It don't get no better than this.....in the words of AAAStinkie!!!!

Ramona

I too Ramona have never seen a green flapjack
Not even with eggs or ham

Scotty..have ya shown any of your friends back home how to make a tukey caller ?
smiley36.gif

Back