May be scarce the next few days

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to hear of your loss. My dad has been drinking chemo for the past year. He said he'd rather be drinking my wine and beer.

Sorry to hear of you loss.
My Mom been in hospital for2 months. 3X went to ICU. Thought we were gonna lose her...
Yesterday she went back to herindependent living apt in her nursing home.

We had a wake this afternoon and early evening. We were pleased to see everyone but especially our cousins from one special niece of my mother. My mother's name was Roberta, but most called her Bobbie. Her niece was so close in age that they were raised like sisters. Her kids and my sisters and brothers were almost like brothers and sisters. Her name was Joyce.
Joyce smoked her whole life and developed emphazema (sp) a number of years ago. She got progressively worse and has had pneumonia on and off for two years. She was at her home with Hospice care for a while now. Tuesday my younger brother and her went to visit because Joyce was so sick.They told Mom they didn't expect her to live through the night. When Mom got home she tried to get to bed. My brother who lives in the apartment upstairs got a call shortly after. It was Mom saying she couldn't breathe. He called me. By the time I got there, she had stopped breathing. He had naturally called 911 and they got there soon after. She was taken to the hospital where she was pronounced dead.

Joyce lived through the nigh, but passed away the next evening. We were told today that as they tried to get her to her bed the evening Mom died from the chair she was resisting going and out of the blue at about 7:30 she blurted out "Not yet Bobbie!" That is about the exact time they prounced my Mom gone. Had she gone to get Joyce so they could both pass at the same time? All our hairs stood up when told this. She had been dropping hints for a couple weeks now as we all reflect back on events.

We will miss you both.

Sorry to hear of your loss....than to get hit twice....thought and prayers are with you and your family....

Wow, thats quite the story.

I say yep, they are definitely hanging out together and looking down from above.

That is an amazing story. This doesn't make for a very Merry Christmas but I'll bet it is one you will never forget. You are in our thoughts and prayers' Rich.

i think it (the story) makes for a wonderful Christmas...it shows something about hope and promise...and faith for those of us still living ( and learning about what belief is all about)

Al Fulchino said:
i think it (the story) makes for a wonderful Christmas...it shows something about hope and promise...and faith for those of us still living ( and learning about what belief is all about)

AMEN!!

What a beautiful story. I truely believe that some poeple have such a close bond that they thrive from that connection. Once again you are in our prayers and hopefully you and your family can find some peace knowing they are in a better place together .

BOB

Sorry for your loss - gone through that 3x already and not easy. Our prayers are with you and yours.

Back