mango/papaya with hint of banana?!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soflavino

Reaction score
Hey guys I finally came around to join the forum yahhhh lol!! But anyways im working on my second wine (im a noob)..... i want to make a papaya mango wine with a hint of banana.. I live in south florida so ive got it already cut up and frozen and ive got my yeast red star premier cuvee, trying to get a high alcohol content and make it a semi sweet, NOT a dessert wine.... i have all the chemicals nutrients etc ready i just want to know a recipe anyone ever tried or heard of because i all around the net with no results..dont want to add too much acid blend to it either.. Also what would the wine be called?? Im not familiar with wine names so any help possible is greatly appreciated!!!! Thanks

Daniel

LOL BATBOY :)

just throw it all together and see how it turns out ... the acid should be tested and tasted to determine how much is needed ... you can even do this in the end.

Is that the name of the wine?? And i forgot to add i have 16 lb of mango, 8lb of papaya and 2 lb of banana

what volume of wine were you thinking about?

and he did mean for the name of the wine :)

that is pretty good ... just over 5 lb per gallon ... are you juicing or just putting them in fermenter?

Just straight into fermenter and they are all fresh but i froze them st they wont spoil all fruits from backyard and from neighbors tree shhhh lol!!

I Daniel I am in south Florida also I just made mango wine the other day. How about tropical blend

I'd put them in a straining bag with pectic enzyme (much less messy must)

Think you may have to make your recipe up but that is always fun...let us know what you did.

if you have specific questions some one will be happy to answer them

How many lbs of fruit do you think id need per gallon for a srtrong flavorfull scented wine with these fruits

soflavino said:
That sounds pretty good hehe how did you wine turn up

I used twenty six pounds of mangos. My wine is still in the primary fermenter. I started with a sp gravity of 1.085. It was down to 1.060 on the 18th. So it is moving along.

Hey, I am happy to see a couple of South Florida wine makers on here! For a while I thought I was the only one in South Florida. I just wish I were there for the Mango season! reeny, I see you are in Miami, soflavino, what part of South Florida are you in?

Hey, I am happy to see a couple of South Florida wine makers on here! For a while I thought I was the only one in South Florida. I just wish I were there for the Mango season! reeny, I see you are in Miami, soflavino, what part of South Florida are you in?

Where exactly is Lehigh Acres, Fl?? I am in Kendall which is just south of the city of Miami.

Im here in west palm beach and yep you missed the mangos! They grew like crazy this year! Which was awesome... thats sounds pretty good reeny! Which yeast did you use??

Back