Making adjustments

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harleydmn

Reaction score
I know I should have had my test equipment before I started, but just got my ph meter and a TA test kit. My Chilean Sauvignon Blanc has been aging for 4 months now. I just checked and my ph was 3.15 and TA= .675. I think the ph needs to be raised. How do I do that now since it's after the ferment? Does the ta seem ok? :d

Your ph is fine, it is within range. For whites the range should be between 3.1 and 3.45. To be honest I never adjust ph on the juice buckets. Where did you get your sauv blanc?

Got it from Harford Vineyard in Harford county Md. I got juice buckets ordered from California due in and I am also buying some Cab Franc grapes from them.

Good luck on the grapes, check the ph on those and adjust. The juice buckets I would check but like the Chilean I believe they will be fine. The acid is normally adjusted on the juice buckets.

That pH is just fine for a Sauv Blanc. It will be very crisp with that combo of pH and TA.

Thanks guys, Just worried, it has a high taste of alcohol and I know from my sg that it is not that. I am use to kit wines tasting ok at 4 months, I guess with this juice I am just going to have to let it age. I was going to bottle but will let it sit for another couple months.

Back