L'uva Bella 2015 Meet and Greet.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shoebiedoo

Reaction score
When do you guys think we will be getting together this year? I'd love to come up this year but I'm working the weekend of the 28th. Is it it the realms of possibility to have it on the 4th, or is that too close to Easter?
Guess it's that time of year again :b

I wasn't there either. Apparently from speaking with people and the post from last year. The owners weren't real receptive to the celebrating (Mike's B-day). From what I gathered they started in a private room then other guests were put in the same room and said guests complained. Julie or someone who was there could explain better.

Here's the link from the thread..

http://www.winemakingtalk.com/forum/f130/meet-up-march-29-2014-a-43624/

It would be nice if we could find something in that area. But are we still going to try to put something together?

Sorry Shoebie I forgot about this thread. It would be nice to find another place but I don't know of any that would be convenient for those in OH and those in PA. There is a place in New Castle but I believe that would be bout 30 minutes farther for you.

So with that said, I guess we should just meet at Luva Bellas but remember Ruth doesn't allow us to bring our wines inside. So what date do you want? And who is in?

Dan, Frank was the one who always left us have our own wine, apparently Ruth does not agree with that. Are you getting your juice from Luva? I didn't know they had juice without yeast. I am not doing Chilean this year, I'm waiting and will do California and Italian.

I think it actually might be illegal for us to bring wine into their restaurant so don't hold that against them. I am planning dinner right now and any restaurant we go to that sells wine has to charge us a corking fee to bring it in. We are their only commercial customer getting it that way by request. I know folks that were buying from a cpmpetitor up here years ago that was getting it from the strip in Pgh said they liked Luva Bellas better. I am doing the same as you this year.

There is a new place I am going to try out. GeoS has bought from them, actually I need to get ahold of him to fine out the name of this place cuz I forgot.

You guys should come up to our workshop on the 21rst. We are introducing our newest product and will have a speaker from Canada talking about it It is pails of Spanish must. This is something Bill should definitely come to.

Julie, I was thinking of going up in April 4th. I wouldn't be able to do dinner because i may have a gig with my band back in Columbus BUT even without the wine sharing I would still like to get together you know?

Dan: what month are you talking about?

Dan, can you give us the who, what, when and where for the class on the 21st?

Bill it's been on Facebook and emails from us. Check our website at www.piwine.com and you'll get all the details rather than me trying to type them out. In addition to this workshop check out AWS conferene in Pittsburgh in March. I'm also doing a workshop with Ron from Consumers produce there. There will be a lot of workshops, wine tasting and a wine competition. This would be a chance for you to enter your wines and get some feedback.

Please keep me in the loop ! I will be off of work from middle of March for at least a month if not longer - due to surgery.

I will be bored out of my mind and would love to join you all if I am welcomed

Lunch is what I had in mind. I'll be bringing a friend of whom is lurking around this site as wee speak....THAT'S RIGHT, I KNOW WHO YOU ARE:ft:ft:ft

Anyway if Steve (alinonedude) come he might have to bring a unit to sell him :mny:mny:sm

WHO ELSE IS IN/OUT???????

Alright let's set this for the 4th, Steve (vacuumpump) I would sooooo love to have you there!

Who else can come?

Back