Cellar Craft LR Tannat

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patc

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have been reading over the 2011 wine maker competition and looks like the tannat has done amazingly well!!!!!! For all that had the chance to grab this one it looks like it's a winner for sure
smiley17.gif

I wished I would have snagged one at the time. I did snag the last LR Old Vines Mencia from George on close out. Its in the Vadai right now and already taste wonderful. Much like a Pinot Noir of sorts.

The grape packs in these CC LR kits are huge!
smiley20.gif

I bottled mine this past March. There was 1/2 (of a 375) a bottle left over, tasted pretty green but I believe it will be terrific as it ages.

ibglowin said:
I wished I would have snagged one at the time. I did snag the last LR Old Vines Mencia from George on close out. Its in the Vadai right now and already taste wonderful. Much like a Pinot Noir of sorts.

The grape packs in these CC LR kits are huge!
smiley20.gif

Agreed!!! I have completed moving into the new house Boy!!! what a project and now can resume making wine!!!!! I saw the mencia and was real temted but i have three wines to get going and need to get them going as i amgoing to jump into the fresh grape wine makingand will need the carboys. I was going to do fresh grape old vine zin last year but the crops were destroyed hope this year is different also am going to try another red not sure which yet but the pinot noir is tempting and would like to compare it to the kits i have made which will be interesting to see but my mind could change as the supplier gets just about every grape California andWashingtonhas to offer as well as frozen must straight from Italy which i am looking into. AAAhhhh this hobby is soooo addicting!!!!!!!
smiley4.gif

Latest posts

Back