Looking for Vineyard Consultant - New Jersey

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justsgm

Reaction score
Starting a small vineyard (2+ Acres). Need a consultant to assist with trellis design, rootstock selection, soil analysis etc.

Check with local vineyards. They will know someone or will be a consultant.

Most vineyard owners are extremely helpful. They like to help the hobbyists and new commercial growers. Competition is unknown in viticulture. The more the merrier!

I’ve reached out to multiple big name wineries here in Paso Robles for help as I’ve been starting my vineyard. I generally email the vineyard manager directly but have also had success going via the [email protected] address. If I provide them with a short background and then a specific question like what clones and rootstocks are you using for your Grenache or “what soil testing lab do you use”, I‘ve had about a 90% response rate within 48 hours. I’m careful not to abuse it, not asking the same guy more than a question every month or so.

It has actually been probably the biggest positive surprise of the whole experience- these guys grow 100s if not 1000s of acres of grapes and yet they take the time to respond to an amateur planting 0.8 acres. Really nice to see….

I’ve reached out to multiple big name wineries here in Paso Robles for help as I’ve been starting my vineyard. I generally email the vineyard manager directly but have also had success going via the [email protected] address. If I provide them with a short background and then a specific question like what clones and rootstocks are you using for your Grenache or “what soil testing lab do you use”, I‘ve had about a 90% response rate within 48 hours. I’m careful not to abuse it, not asking the same guy more than a question every month or so.

It has actually been probably the biggest positive surprise of the whole experience- these guys grow 100s if not 1000s of acres of grapes and yet they take the time to respond to an amateur planting 0.8 acres. Really nice to see….
Yeah, that’s a good way to go about it. I have experience from working at several wineries and I own my own vineyard as well. But people are generally friendly in the wine industry in regards to helping amateurs or home winemakers.

I will answer any questions anyone on this forum has in regards to planting a vineyard or winemaking I like to help others out.

Latest posts

Back