Mosti Mondiale LOOKING FOR FEEDBACK

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waldo

Reaction score
I am looking for some feedback from anyone who has made and is now enjoying the LaBodega Port kit.

I have made this and it is really great now, I made mine in Nov. 2007. I added just a tad more oak to it. It had a good supply of oak to it and I dont think I would add anymore oak to it next time as it took till now for the extra oak to blend in. This has a lot of flavor.

Waldo,
We made 3 gallons in January of this year so is still to early to tell but I think it is going to turn out well. We used one French oak med toast spiral for 3 months bulk aging and fortified with Brandy up to 17%. The ABV after fermenting was only 15.1%. We tasted it last week for the first time and the flavor is real good. Right now the brandy is a bit sharp on the tongue but I think this will mellow and end up good.

Waldo,

Started a batch of thisabout a year ago (06-15-2008). made it exactly per instructions. fortified it with one 750L store bought 80 proof brandy. ended up 18% ABV. bottled 09-01-2008.
Gave a couple bottles to No 2 son (he's 30 yrs old) for his birthday. 05-13-2009. He likes ports. We sampled some at that time, the boy though it was wonderful. I'm no expert, but it tasted every bit as good as the "store bought" stuff ( $15/$20 ) we were used to.
The kit is all juice, and has made a believer in all juice out of me.
JC

Goodfella......
smiley16.gif
smiley34.gif
smiley37.gif
...sorry....Top Secret right now !!!

I am looking for 5 voluntiers to help shake down Waldo for his Port secrets. Please inlist below....

1)
2)
3)
4)
5)

You will receive details following enrollment.

Waldo

Approximately 1 1/2 year ago, I discovered the joy of making Port at home. I have since madeseven different types of Port, including the BODEGA Port.

I bottled the kit after 8 months of bulk ageing and mustsay that I was a little disappointed with the results. Recently, I opened a bottle (Bodega) and I am amazed at how good it tastes. That batch of Port is now 15 months old and it simply is the best tasting Port kit I have made (no tweeking to any kit), so much that I purchased another kit and will be putting it on this weekend.

The key to this kit (as is with most wine kits) is to let it age....

If you are patient, you won't regret it...

jagsroy

Pssst! I'm enlisting for the top secret shake-down. Is this a covert mission? or can I be a little more obvious?

Shhhhhhhhhhhh !! No, over here moto..under the big bush,,,naw, I aint gonna bite ya..listen now, iffen i let you on my team ya gotta be able to keep mum and don't let ole wade or PWP be a prying no secrets from ya !!!

Singing !!!
Me and Moto, got our own thing a going .
Me and Moto, we got it all worked out.
Me and Moto, got our own thing going.
And we aint a going to tell ole wade whats it all about !!!
smiley36.gif

Uavwmn, hovers over moto-girls place with secret stealthy uav!! ahh, I see Waldo walking up to the front door in some kind of disguise. mmm, looks like a costume of some sort........let me zoom my camera in......
20090710_055348_monk_md_left.gif
ahhh haaa......moto-girl.....it is his Port!!!!

HAHA... Pretty good!!!

In fact, I saw that guy While I was stalking Waldo to get the recipe. But the disguise worked, I didn't know it was him. I just thought it was a normal guy.

tough to pin the guy down who has many disguises
maybe he will give give it up .... if we ask nicely

smiley2.gif

Latest posts

Back