• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wine Making Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Lookin for grapes in the Yadkin of NC

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Google Wineries Yadkin NC, I have seen a couple there in our travels but don't recall where. We actually took a wrong turn and was lost. LOL. Call and see if they have grapes available, the kind and the price. If not, they could tell you where to find them.

Not sure how far you are from Newton but there is a place near where we live that has you pick. Last year it was .50 a pound. It is on the honor system and a scale and a container to drop the money. They have quite a few different varieties. And the rows of grapes labeled by rows. We have never talked to them because the times that we were there, no one was home. Don't know their name but could get an address next time we drive by that way. I have a feeling either they or maybe a previous owner made wine because it is way more than what family could possibly eat or use. Probably enough grapes vines there for a large commercial winery. It is kept up and mowed between the rows. Maybe on week-ends they are home, we always go during the week.

Sammy, you mean you pick your grapes, and then no one is there to collect the money..you just weigh the grapes, and put money into a container...are you kidding me.
In texas there would be no grapes, no scale and no conatiner, everything would be stolen.
Im sure there is some Texans, that would not agree, but for me, If I dont lock it,chain it are,nail it down. it will be gone.

There are other places. No far from us is a farm that has tomatoes and other fresh produce on a table near the road.

Same deal, pick out the tomatoes off the table near the road, put them on the scale and drop the money in the box. They have still-good but used grocery bags you can use.

Then not too far away is a huge wagon on a busy corner with all kinds of produce. Same deal, although the box is chained down. Last fall we talked to the owner when he was breaking down for the season and he said, "those who steal the produce probably do not have the money to pay for it. And if they do have the money, the Lord will reckon with them". We always put in extra money when we stop because unfortunately there are those WHO cannot afford the fresh produce but would like fresh sweet corn or a home grown watermelon or whatever is on the wagon.
Nice philosophy, huh? Obviously he is not worried about theft and he does have a full time regular job so he cannot be there.

We are in a very low crime area where most folks are trusting.

We have a local farmer that has stands set up all over the county to buy sweet corn on the honor system.

There use to be a place on the way to Somerset that did the honor system for pumpkins. Small were one price up to extra large. Box was attached to a 4x4 with a small luggage padlock on it.

Google Wineries Yadkin NC, I have seen a couple there in our travels but don't recall where. We actually took a wrong turn and was lost. LOL. Call and see if they have grapes available, the kind and the price. If not, they could tell you where to find them.

Not sure how far you are from Newton but there is a place near where we live that has you pick. Last year it was .50 a pound. It is on the honor system and a scale and a container to drop the money. They have quite a few different varieties. And the rows of grapes labeled by rows. We have never talked to them because the times that we were there, no one was home. Don't know their name but could get an address next time we drive by that way. I have a feeling either they or maybe a previous owner made wine because it is way more than what family could possibly eat or use. Probably enough grapes vines there for a large commercial winery. It is kept up and mowed between the rows. Maybe on week-ends they are home, we always go during the week.

An address would be great. Still hoping for our prior connection to still be available, however, I'd be up for a weekend trip to NC for Muscadine. We usually went down in October for them.

Back