Long time lurker...from south KC

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrsAbe

Junior
Reaction score
Hello from Garden City, Missouri! I can't believe it's been 3 years since I joined this forum and I made my first wine then life got in the way. Since the quarentine I have been back to try to learn and trying kit wines and country wines. I am thankful that my husband loves wine as much as I do and is fully supportive of my many carboy purchases. Lol.

Thank you for the warm welcome. This year I made elderflower, elderberry, peach, honeysuckle, dandelion and ginger country wines and WE SLD merlot, Lodi Zinfandel, Nebbiolo, Lodi Cabernet Sauvignon and Forza kit wines. I also made a skeeter pee and dragons blood for our fourth of July family get together.

@McSwain We are very close to Clinton. I drive through there about once per month to visit my daughter at UCM in Warrensburg.

Here is the recipe I used
Honeysuckle wine (3 gallons)

18 cups honeysuckle flower petals
3-gallons water
6 pounds white sugar
9 teaspoon acid blends
3/16 teaspoon k-meta
3/8 teaspoon tannin
3 teaspoon yeast nutrients
1 package wine yeast (Lalvin BM 4x4)

Add flowers to a saucepan and covered with 2-gallons of water. Bring it to a simmer. Cover. Turn off heat. Let steep 3 hours.
Make a simple syrup with 6 pounds of sugar.

Add to fermentation bucket:
Flowers after steeping (in a straining bag), simple syrup, water to 3 gallons, acid blend, k-meta, tannin

Wait 24 hours
Add yeast nutrients and yeast.
OG=1.090 fermented to 0.990
I added k-sorbate and back sweetened to 1.000. It is has a nice honeysuckle flavor after back sweetening.

Back