Long lost Wine Gardener

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Florintina Weingartner, my Great Grandmother in Germany had a Wine Making history that I'm curious about. Does anybody have any information from about 1880 to 1950 that could be helpful? I've run into a dead end with Ancestry.com. Thanks, Fred

Are you trying to find out what your Granny was growing and making wine from in her Wineyard? Probably had red and black currants, some gooseberries, elderberries, some kinds of dasmons, maybe some apples for cider. She may have even had some bees for making mead. What kinds of wine was Granny famous in your family for making? WVMJ

Thanks Pumpkinman, I started checking out those links and have learned a lot already. Very helpful.

Last edited:
WVMountaineerJack, I hadn't thought about her making anything but grape wine until you responded. I'm not sure what she made. The family name at some point had to have something to do with wine making but I'm still researching. Thanks

Latest posts

Back