Lime Coconut SP?

Wine Making Talk

Help Support Wine Making Talk:

PandemoniumWines

Save the Winos
Reaction score
I've had a lime coconut wine in my "want to do" list, and now that I've been making SP, thought I'd just make lime SP, and add coconut as from Jack Keller's coconut wine recipe.

Has anyone tried this? Or should I just save myself time and effort and use an extract at sweetening time?

Arne

Reaction score
Think I would try it both ways. Make a batch, split it in half and do one one way, and one the other. Give you something to compare to. Arne.

PandemoniumWines

Save the Winos
Reaction score
that's a great idea... I'm only up to 3 gallon batches, so I think I'll split it in three and do one dried coconut, one extract, and one plain for my MIL who *gasp* doesn't like coconut!

gamble

Reaction score
I have been experimenting with 1 gallons for the easy-to-drink-summertime -tropical wine:Lime/Pineapple/Mango/ lemon mixes. Coconut was always the missing link. I was gun shy about real coconut because of the oil. After reading lots of posts I chose to use an extract and hit on a winner. For 1 Gallon: 8oz real lime. 2lbs frozen Mango (Costco) Added 1tsp McCorrmick Coconut Extract at sweetening(only 1/2 cup Sugar).Really nice color BTW. Gives just enough coconut flavor without being "Coconut Wine"

PandemoniumWines

Save the Winos
Reaction score
I have recently been thinking about trying just a 1 gallon batch of lime, but to add raspberries and mandarin oranges in primary. I was thinking perhaps it would taste like rainbow sherbet if I backsweetened the heck out of it.

Mismost

Reaction score
I've had a lime coconut wine in my "want to do" list, and now that I've been making SP, thought I'd just make lime SP, and add coconut as from Jack Keller's coconut wine recipe.

Has anyone tried this? Or should I just save myself time and effort and use an extract at sweetening time?
you been listenin' Harry Nilsson again, Obleo?:h

AkTom

Supporting Members
WMT Supporter
Reaction score
How'd you like it?

benchmstr

Reaction score
you could probably use it to make the most epic snow cone ever!

the bench

Latest posts