LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NorthernWinos

Reaction score
20061018_131840_frau.gif

I am having mixed feelings of joy and fear.....

Monday I took my last Chemo treatment...the Doctor said the CT Scan of last week looked good, no changes from 3 months before, and some improvements in areas......

Today I went in and had the 48 hour IV Infusion Pump removed from my IV Port....[my 48 hour Ball & Chain]

I am free!!!!!Sort of....

Go in on Friday to have the stent in my kidney replaced.....
Go back in 2 weeks for blood work for the Coumadin [Rat poison] that I have to take because of a clot by the IV Port.....
Go back every month to get the Port flushed....they leave it in for a year...just in case you need it again...
Go back every 3 months for CT Scans...

So am I really free.....?No more Chemo...that's a good thing.....but having had Cancer....you are never really free....think of it all the time.....

So, have mixed feelings...joy and still some worry....Live goes on.....

LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL!!!!

God bless the fact youre doing as well as you are, just keep the wine flowing there NW.

You are as free as you make of it. Judging by your attitude, and zest for life, i'd say, HELL YA! you're free.

Have a glass or two to celebrate the end of Chemo when you can :)

Got a bottle of 'bubbly' in the fridge for tonight...what else would go good with Tacos?????Had far too much coffee today, so the wine should take the edge off....
I have always treated the Cancer as a rumor....never really accepted that it was happening to me....
At first the days sitting in the Chemo rooms were like a bad dream....I had never met such brave people as my fellow patients....
At the end of treatment the hours spent there seemed like a waste of time..."I feel so good...what am I doing here".
I was very fortunate...I never had any of the side effects that were expected...the nurses and doctor were amazed....guess that's what led me to feel that it was a waste of time....But the toxic meds they pumped through my body must have worked their magic....
Guess it will take awhile for me to really feel free!!!

Just started having a few sips of wine the past couple months....working my way back to a good 'toot'....didn't want to mess up their blood tests....Still on blood thinner for a couple more months....then 'watch out'...they will get a blood test that will be off the charts!!!!
Hadn't made any wine since Feb....got a couple batches going now and hope to make more this winter....Feels good to be back in the swing...

LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL!!!

Stick with the joy and let us do the worrying for ya. You're in my prayers for sure.

NW:

Your Zest is inspirational, it says a lot about what a good person you must be. May God always be with you.

Great news NW. God bless you
<DIV SuperAdBlocker_DIV_Elements="0" SuperAdBlocker_OnMove_Hooked="0" SuperAdBlocker__Hooked="0" SuperAdBlocker_DIV_FirstLook="0">Bill

Good Luck NW! Anything that helps you through life is never a waste of time or effort. If the chemo- or whatever did it for you- got rid of the cancer, how could that ever be a waste of time. Keep up the good times and get back to your fine vines and wines!
smiley4.gif
smiley32.gif

Latest posts

Back