lent begins wednesday!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did a video chat with my family and finally got to have my toast for my Dad being out of the hospital. After a year I think he is finally putting the pancreatic, spleen and liver lymphoma on a hiatus. If that's not a blessing I am not sure what is. Whatever time we have left together will be worth having him say he is proud of me. Wishing everyone a Happy Easter.

Well, I jumped off the wagon last night. Then I think the wagon ran me over. :) I enjoyed a Ghost Pines Cabernet (thanks for the recommendation, JohnT). We were then hanging out for a while with our neighbors, who were pouring Apple Pie Moonshine. It really is like eating a piece of pie. Dangerously good. Had a little headache this morning, but bounced back pretty quickly.

Giving up the hooch was a little easier than I expected. Thanks to John for the inspiration, and to everyone else serving as the support group these last 40 days. You all made it fun. I'm glad I did it, and plan to do it again next year.

BB, i have had apple pie moonshine before and, yup, dangerous is the right word!

glad you liked the ghost pines. it is a rather decent wine and semms to be a reasonable price.

I broke my lent with a bottle of chateau montelena cab sav, 2008. i think i would have preferred the ghost pines.

once again, thanks for all of the support.

Latest posts

Back