Lemon wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkrug

Reaction score
I have already cleared my wine. I want add more lemon flavor . Any thoughts on how I can do this without making the wine cloudy again? If I make it cloudy again can I add the same clearing agent again? Any thoughts appreciated.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Wine Making mobile app

Here's what I did to my lemon wine. Turned out great---and won an award!

Remove the zest from a bag of lemons (I used a dozen). Get just the yellow part, avoid any of the white pith (it's bitter). Add this zest to a 12oz (or bigger) jar. Fill the jar with Everclear or vodka. Allow this to sit for a month to absorb the lemon flavor from the zest. Syphon off the yellow liqueur (you'll get about 10oz) and add it to the wine (presuming six gallons). The wine will temporarily cload up (don't panic!), but will clear quickly. It turns out great.

A cheaper option would be to add some lemonade drink mix to the desired level of flavor. I have not tried this, though.

That sounds like a great idea. I will cut this in half as i am doing 3 gallons. Sound like an lemon extract. Thanks for the idea.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Wine Making mobile app

Latest posts

Back