learned the meaning of christmas today

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamesngalveston

Reaction score
I am tooting my own horn, but wanted to share today.
I live on a small island that only has three grocery stores,Kroger,Randalls, and wallmart, which i will not go to.
I shop at krogers....go there almost everyday, and know just about everyone that works there.
There is a man there, hispanic about 40, going on 15, if you know what i mean..one of the most helpfull, nice,polite person that works at the store.
He doesnt drive but had a bicycle....Yesterday, on my way out the store I asked him how things were and he stampered that he had his bike stolen.

This morning i went and bought him a new bicycle, and took it to the store.
Asked the manager if i could bring in the store and have him paged of the intercom...the manager did not know his bike was stolen.
Anyhow he was paged, and when he saw the bike he started crying, then I almost started...
After all his celebrating and I was leaving the manager stopped me, and said.
I cant give you cash, But we at Krogers would like you to have this..
It was a gift card for 150.00, and he said merry christmas...
Its better to give then get.....

It's the little things that real people do every day that makes the world go around. It has nothing to do with Christmas or religion. It's real people being real good. Really.

Way to go, James. Way to go. :db

And I think this is what makes people truly immortal.

This story will be told countless times by those that witnessed what you did, and those in that man's family.

You did much more than make Christmas for him.

We so easily forget what Christmas is all about in this day and age. We get caught up in materialistic behavior and selfishness. We believe we need to get more, get more, get more, and believe we are the only ones existing in this universe. Thank you for reminding us what its all about. I am inspired.

Nicely done Sir James, Merry Christmas to you! Say did you put a Wine Making Talk decal on that bike?

Thank you James, what a wonderful thing to do for someone.

Christmas Blessings.
Ray

Very nice gesture.

And it's true that you get what you give, isn't it?

Latest posts

Back