WineXpert LE Triumph

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any updates on this one from anyone yet?

I started mine on 03/08/15 and swapped out the EC-1118 yeast with RC212.

I've got notes in my brewbook that I racked on 05/09/15 and SG was .998

I added 1/4 tsp Pot. Meta and SuperKleer.

It's still in secondary so it looks like I better hurry up and get more bottles so I can put it to bed.

Started mine in early February, bottled in late June.
I actually opened a bottle last night, am very happy with the flavor profile so far!
Did not finish last night will pour another glass shortly.
This was only my second kit, swapped out the yeast for Pastuer Red, other than that followed kit directions.
As I progress will strive for letting my wines just sit in carboys for s year before bottling.

Steve

Going to bottle mine tomorrow. Tasted when I racked it a couple months ago and it was quite tasty. Looking forward to trying it again.

I bottled mine a couple of weeks ago and thoroughly enjoyed the winemaker's portion. Should be great in 6-12 months.

I lifted this up on my countertop last night and I'll be racking again tonight to make sure it's degassed and check the clarity. I suppose it won't hurt if I add another campden at this point and then I'll bottle next weekend.
I can't wait to taste this one tonight!

It's bottled. It's good but I must say for being a limited addition I'm a little disappointed. My biggest complaint is the lack of body. It's pretty thin. Maybe with age it will develop a bit more in the flavor department.

It's not bad and will enjoy it, but was expecting a little more out of it. It is still a bit young,

I was going to split in, two, three gallon batches. I have a lug of cab grapes and was going to add them to both batches, since the kit did not have a grape pack. I made another one of these kits in bulk aging now, and like others have mentioned, it's pretty thin and light. With that kit, I split into, two three gallon batches, used BDX yeast in one, and MT in the other. I also, did another, Triumph kit and used, BDX in one and BM45 for other. Used some, tannin FT Rouge and tannin complex, also in bulk aging.

Does anyone have any suggestion or thoughts if I was to replace the, 1.25 gallons of required water, with the juice from the, cab grapes and then throw in the pressed grapes? I have that I can run the cab grapes through and it really extracts all of the juice to a dry substance. Does anyone know if that would seriously affect the balance of the kit and throw off chemicals that come with the kit?

I was also going to use, Wyeast 4028 and 4267 in each batch, along with breaking down a, 8.5 inch, Wine Stix into, Meritage type oak blend for the primary and just carry it all the way through to bulk aging. I thought I attempt my basement version of a, Meritage-Gulp!

Back