WineXpert LE Australian Verdelho

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve

Reaction score
So I just wanted to get a thread going for the LE kits as everyone gets them started. I am starting mine today...

If you can take pictures this would be awsome...
smiley4.gif

I will be starting mine next weekend and will take some pictures.

i'll be starting in a few day as well. As soon as my primaries are free!

Started mine last night. I'm going to pull a Tom Cruise. no pictures please.Edited by: Angell Wine

Just pitched the yeast in mine... Man I love this hobby or addiction, whatever it is...

does anyone know what yeast strain they use for this kit? My packet just says "yeast" on it and I thought that was unusual for WinExpert kits. At least the ones I've done in the past always had the strain printed on the packet.

EDIT: I spoke with someone at WinExpert and she told me it's a specialty yeast that they use for this kit. She said she would check with the lab to see what they think isclose to anequivalent yeast strain. Edited by: sangwitch

That was a good one Angell
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif

How does this wine compare to the Shiraz?Edited by: Waldo

I got both of these kits and I have noticed a distinct difference between the two. One is red, the other is white. (
smiley36.gif
tongue planted firmly in cheek).

I started the Shiraz first. I have 2 carboys, so the Verdelho will not be far behind. I'll let you know how they come out. So far, the Shiraz has fermented vigorously and the smell is intoxicating! If the aroma during fermentation is any indication of the nose of the finished wine, this one will be a true delight to the senses! We really like Shiraz so we are anxiously anticipating this one.

Frankly, until I ordered it, I had never heard of Verdelho. I opened the box to check the yeast. Mine has no label on it either. It just says YEAST. I like a good mystery. An unknown varietal and an unknown yeast. Should be a pleasant surprise, much like last year's grillo.

I got mine (South African Shiraz) yesterday and will start it this weekend. It seems so long since I've started a kit. My Lodi Zin is still in buik age.

Angell Wine said:
Fleischman's probably

Thanks Angell! I happen to have some from an Ancient Orange I started last week. I would have never guessed Fleischman's. Live and learn! I'm going to start the batch right now.

Vaughn said:
I got both of these kits and I have noticed a distinct difference between the two. One is red, the other is white. (
smiley36.gif
tongue planted firmly in cheek).

I started the Shiraz first. I have 2 carboys, so the Verdelho will not be far behind. I'll let you know how they come out. So far, the Shiraz has fermented vigorously and the smell is intoxicating! If the aroma during fermentation is any indication of the nose of the finished wine, this one will be a true delight to the senses! We really like Shiraz so we are anxiously anticipating this one.

Frankly, until I ordered it, I had never heard of Verdelho. I opened the box to check the yeast. Mine has no label on it either. It just says YEAST. I like a good mystery. An unknown varietal and an unknown yeast. Should be a pleasant surprise, much like last year's grillo.

Thanks vaughn.....

sangwitch said:
Angell Wine said:
Fleischman's probably

Thanks Angell! I happen to have some from an Ancient Orange I started last week. I would have never guessed Fleischman's. Live and learn! I'm going to start the batch right now.

I'm sorry about the comment. I was wondering myself when I saw the yeast package. I figured WE knew what they where doing. I'd finished off a bottle of the Super Tuscan when I'd started typing last night. Warning : Don't drink and type.

Latest posts

Back