Last but not least . . .

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dfwwino

Reaction score
After months of laziness, I finally cleared out some carboys, bought a couple of more carboys and started several kits that I should have started months ago. Yesterday and today, I started the following kits:

Winexpert Limited Edition Nero D'Avola/Shiraz

Mosti Mondiale Renaissance Chianti with Raisins

Mosti Mondiale Meglioli Limited Edition Rojo Grande with raisins

Cellar Craft Super Tuscan Rosso Fortissimo with Raisins

The CC kit had a "Super pack" of what looked like grape goo, much different than the raisins in the MM kits. I heated the grape pack in warm water and squeezed as much goo into the muslin bag provided. Finger lickin good. I really like the CC kit and the quality of the ingredients included. I'm currently passing out whiffing the fermentation fumes. Mmmmm.

I also started a Winexpert Speciale Chocolate Raspberry Port I bought from George last weekend.

Fall fun at its best DFW! I really enjoy the CC grape pack kits too. I was amazed at how sweet that stuff is.

I havent done 1 of the Cellar Craft kits let but love the RJS grape skin kits. Some come with dried grape skins and some come with the goo, both are awesome.

WARNING:
I put the MM Renaissance Chianti with raisins in a 7.9 gallon fermenter. It looked like it had plenty of space. However, on day 2 of fermentation, the fermentation was very robust, causing foam and juice to spray through the grommet in the lid, sending a fine mist of wine around a six-foot radius. I will use a 10 gallon fermenter next time on MM kits with raisins.

I did use my two 10 gallon fermenters for the CC Rosso Fortissimo and MM Meglioli Rojo Grande. The former had a super pack of grapes and clearly required it.

I am using a 7.9 gallon fermenter for the WE Nero D'Avola/Shiraz and there is plenty of head space after two days of fermentation.

All I can say is that the Chianti must be loaded with nutrients as the yeast is having a field day.

Sounds messy.....Good to warn people about that.

You sure have a nice bunch of wines going...
Will be hard to wait to try them.

Latest posts

Back