Lafitte Corks...

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine initial order is still going strong. I will be reordering from them when needed. Have not had a "corked" bottle yet. Very pleased with the quality and the printing/branding.

Mine initial order is still going strong. I will be reordering from them when needed. Have not had a "corked" bottle yet. Very pleased with the quality and the printing/branding.

I currently have close to 130 gallons fermenting in the cellar. I'll be needing a large quantitiy of corks next year. I've opened a few bottles from the sample of last year with no problems recently. Need to decide whether to get branded or not. That's the big decision now.

On another note, has anyone ordered or looked into branded wine glasses? My wife mentioned it the other night.

I wouldn't order from them unless you wanted a custom labeled cork. Morewine always seems to have 1+1 (twin disc) overrun corks in small quantities if you are not interested in a custom cork plus you can only order what you need instead of 1000.

As far as custom wine glasses you usually have to order a minimum that is usually ~100 and then cost is $5-10 each depending on quality so they are pricey plus what do you do with all those glasses unless you have a tasting room of sorts.

Tru wine catalog has them IIRC. If you just want something printed on a couple of glasses you can find several places online that will inscribe a winery name (text only) for a decent price. Several Xmas's ago on of my kids got me a decanter with two glasses with my winery name etched on them. They turned out nice.

For a nice Bordeaux wine glass they are $4 ea with a 72 minimum. They can handle a logo as well (upload).

Well I bit the bullet, well kinda anyway. I ordered 1000 best quality 1+1 corks from Lafitte. I decided to hold off on the branding for now. I know it's only $100 and they keep it on file but, it's almost Christmas and the $100 will be spent on the little one instead of branding. They said I should have the corks in 7-10 days.

Tom I think I paid about .17 or .18 with shipping. Shipping was like $40 to the East here. Over all cost is still decent for a branded cork.

I'm not sure of the shipping costs yet but the corks were $120/1000. Not a bad price for the best quality 1+1. Shipping I'm guessing will be around 30-40 which as Dan stated will be about .15-.16 a cork. I also stayed away from branding now so that in the event my old boss at work needs corks I can always send some his way without them saying D & O Wine Cellars. Next batch I may go for the branding.

Placed an order for another 1000 corks from Lafitte yesterday. Hoping to have them next week since the Enlomatic will be here middle of the week. I have about 100 corks left to hold me over until then.

On my second batch of Lafitte 1000 (branded) By the time I got to the last 100 or so they were showing a little age vs a brand new cork anyway. Still very much usable but they had hardened a bit compared to a new one side by side. I still used them in whites as I knew they would be drunk much faster.

On my second batch of Lafitte 1000 (branded) By the time I got to the last 100 or so they were showing a little age vs a brand new cork anyway. Still very much usable but they had hardened a bit compared to a new one side by side. I still used them in whites as I knew they would be drunk much faster.

When I got the original order Dec 2012 I took what I knew I would immediately need and placed in a corkador then the remainders I vacuume sealed with my food saver in lots of roughly 100. As I needed them I placed into sealed ziplock bags. The ones I used last weekend looked as good as the day thhey were bought.

On a side note. I found one of the cased of wine I bottled with the samples. It was a 2011 Cab Sauv. Cork was a bit tight since they weren't treated but damn was that a good bottle of wine and well worth the effort.

Doug did you get the branded? I an well into my fifth bag. The real winner is getting someone else to go in with you and order some and then have them all shipped to the same place. Phil and I did that and saved at least 50% on shipping with was huge.

I did not go with the branding this time. Thought about the reconsidered since my boss also makes wine

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Wine Making mobile app

Latest posts

Back