Ladies for Christmas

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our very first Christmas together my husband bought me a food processor and I have to say I did not show my appreciation. Now after going on being married for 31 years when I ask for appliances or household stuff he adamantly says no and reminds me about that first Christmas together. Here I thought women had a long memory. Jeez. Now he has it easy. If it has to do with wine making or crafts he buys it. Back when we were kids my father would make my Mom write out here Christmas list for the next year on January 1st and he would keep it all year long and then hand the list to me and my sister and a wad of money and tell us to start at the top and work our way down until the money was gone. My husband always said that was a good idea.

Now after going on being married for 31 years when I ask for appliances or household stuff he adamantly says no and reminds me about that first Christmas together.

EXACTLY! Whenever she now tells me that she wants a pot, pan, or some kitchen gadget, I refuse to buy it. If she wants that kind of stuff then she can go out and buy it. To me, after being married for over 31 years, my perfect Christmas gift is just having the kids come and spend the day. Have a nice meal and a glass or two of wine and I am happy. It's those little things that money can not buy and it's not like the kids live miles away. They probably drop by 3-4 times a week, if not more during the summer months, but it is nice for the holidays and birthday.

THANK YOU JohnT! :br I am relieved to find that I am not alone in the quest for the perfect Christmas....Valentine...Birthday...Mothers Day and Anniversary gift. Whenever one of these "special" days rolls around, I feel like Indian Jones out there searching for the holy grail. After all of these years, what is out there to buy and like with you, I hate to throw good money away on something that will not be used. Over that past two years, she has been working from home, so that now rules out clothes for work, jewelry and any type of perfume. Beats me!

bob,

It all came to a head on a valentine's day a number of years ago. I gave her about $150 worth of "I luv u" crap, and I noticed all of it in the trash the very next day.

I exploded. I said.. "why waste the money? You really need that kind of proof of the way I feel? I married you didn't I?". Since then, we do not do ANYTHING for valentine's day.

I once years ago when the wife and I just newly wed got her a crock pot for Christmas. If you talk to her now you might think that we have 15 of those things now. Needless to say I no longer buy small household appliances.

Maybe I should clarify my statement on appliances. (I don't want to get anyone in trouble). Only get them if she she asks for them. Un-welcomed kitchen appliances might say you want her to cook more, not make her life easier.
Believe i or not, I asked for a garbage disposal. I may have sunk to a new low, but I don't have now and it will save me emptying that dang strainer 6 times a day. Hence making my life easier.

Oh, and a PowerPole for the boat. Again, making my life easier since I usually have anchor duty.

LoneStarLori said:
Oh, and a PowerPole for the boat. Again, making my life easier since I usually have anchor duty.

OMG I should have asked for this for Christmas. I am not sure how but our anchor always gets heavier the longer we are out in the boat.

Latest posts

Back