Mosti Mondiale La Bodega Port vs CC Classic Port

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry, I have not tried many Ports out there. All I know is I made this kit and its awesome! I added a little more oak though to mine.

I plan on using the supplied oak chips and then putting into an "almost" neutral" Vadai for 6 months (with tasting along the way)
smiley4.gif

Still almost new. I am on my second batch. Cab Sauv from fresh grapes. It will only be in there for 4 weeks. Then my Rosso Fortissimo for 8 weeks, followed by my Petite Sirah for 16 weeks followed by a batch of Red Mountain Cab for 32 weeks then the port for up to a year depending on taste.

Do you have to re-treat the inside of thebarrell after each use?

You just rinse it out well to get any sediment or wine diamonds out of it and put the next batch in. It should go neutral by 6-8 batches but I can't seem to get a definitive answer. When it does, I will just start adding oak beans into the barrel as well as the wine then use the barrel to do its magic by concentrating the wine via evaporation and micro oxygenation.

Back