Kits

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What type of Wine Making Kits do you prefer?

• Pure Juice

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Concentrate

• Frozen Juice

• Other

• Total voters
I like many experienced kit makers believe the larger and less concentrated the kit the better the end product will be and this usually translates into the old saying "you get what you pay for".

If you are looking to make the best wine possible the big plus is that the true value increases substantiallyas you buy the better kits.A $60 kit (30 x $2.00) will produce a batch of wine valued at ~$150 (30 x $5.00) but a $150.00 kit (30 x $5.00) will produce a batch of wine worth ~$600.00 (30 X $20.00).

This being said I still believe the smaller7-10 L kits satisfy the tastes and budget of many folks including me. I would prefer to make wine only from the best kits available but since I don't have unlimited cash I make wine from kits at both ends of the spectrum to satisfy my needs.

The feedback on the Mosti Mondiale All Juice kits has been extremely positive. I have only had one negative comment and the problem with that wine was too much CO2. Once he decanted the wine (it was a Fantazia), he changed his mind.

I should also add that the aromas from the Frozen Juices is the best I have encountered, so far. As a result, I have very high expectations for these wines. I am looking into some ways to be able to ship these wines in the fall. 2 day shipping should not be a problem, but I am concerned about longing times. I plan to ship a frozen juice to Masta to see how it works as he is 4 days away.Edited by: geocorn

Hey George...If ya wanna try a 2 day test Iwould sacrifice the effort for the betterment of the Forum
smiley4.gif

Waldo,

I am truly touched by your generosity and I might even take you up on your offer. The sacrifices that are made in the name of futhering wine making is sometimes amazing.

If 2 works and you want to push it to 3 Im here for ya George! HeHeHe!
smiley36.gif

My planis to get a few of these frozen juices from a shop in CT close to Wadethis fall since I really want to try them. This would be a great way to test and compare against the one sent up from George (in the name of research) to see if there are issues or problems.

Yes Wade I will be stopping by for a visit and a tour of your new wine making facility but only if you promise to make a trip out my way and come to Valley Brew's 5th annual tasting party. I am planning this for the first or second Saturday in October since my annual fishing trip to the Cape pushed it out past Winestock.

I've only experienced the concentrate kits and every one has been fantastic. I'm finishing up the last two bottle of my last bottledbatch. Can't keep it stashed around here with all the wine drinkers. Would love to try the Mosti kits and I don't know where I've been......but frozen ...somehow I missed that one.

RamonaEdited by: rgecaprock

Latest posts

Back