Kits freezing during transport

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveL

Reaction score
I was getting ready to order a kit today and it occurred to me that it could freeze in transport. Has anyone had a problem with this? Would it really be a problem if it did? I am getting an eclipse Cabernet Lodi ranch from midwest supply.

I'd be tempted to hold off a day or two. Looks like we will get a short break here on the east coast later in the week.

Yeah that;s what I was thinking to. Better safe than sorry.

I don't blame you for waiting but I don't think it would be an issue. A lot of us use frozen fruit and frozen concentrates. Granted the price for a higher end kit would make me nervous. Midwest supplies is in Minnesota right? Need to look at their weather as well as yours.

Yep Ive made a bunch from frozen fruit and concentrate. But a kit that's costing me $200 with shipping with grape skins in it. I would rather not be frozen if I can help it. It might not make a difference but,,,

Had a pallet of wine kits freeze in shipment when we first opened. not a problem at first but the plastic bags got brittle and cracked. Had a lot of leaking kits.

Yep Ive made a bunch from frozen fruit and concentrate. But a kit that's costing me $200 with shipping with grape skins in it. I would rather not be frozen if I can help it. It might not make a difference but,,,

I am going to throw in a ad for one of our site sponsors. You might want to consider checking with that guy right above me for his cost on that kit. He tends to have a much better price and cheaper shipping than some other places. If it isn't listed on his web site, give him a call or an email.

I have to agree with cmason - The above mentioned gentleman has the kit for $148 and has a special on shipping for just $10.

Thanks I will. I do want to get a kit from the same time frame. Hopefully very close in production #.

Yep, Doug has the best prices I've seen on Eclipse kits, among other things.

Latest posts

Back