Kits' availability in Canada

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Giovannino

Reaction score
I'm really enjoying reading this forum but there sure is a lot to read :{)

My first couple of questions which immediately come to mind:

1. Which, of all the kits people are talking about are available in Canada, specifically here in Windsor? I hadn't realised until yesterday, that WineExpert was THE brand and not Selection.

2. For those kits NOT available in Canada, is it legal to bring them across the border from the US since it is not yet alcohol?

3. Are there any members here from the Windsor area?

Sorry, 3 questions.

Thanks

I'm really enjoying reading this forum but there sure is a lot to read :{)

My first couple of questions which immediately come to mind:

1. Which, of all the kits people are talking about are available in Canada, specifically here in Windsor? I hadn't realised until yesterday, that WineExpert was THE brand and not Selection.

2. For those kits NOT available in Canada, is it legal to bring them across the border from the US since it is not yet alcohol?

3. Are there any members here from the Windsor area?

Sorry, 3 questions.

Thanks
1a. In my experience, there is a greater availability of wine kits in Canada than in the USA. Is there a specific kit that you are asking about? The biggest problem in Ontario is that most stores are Ferment-on-Premises operations and many of those are run by idiots and do not like to deal with at-home customers.

1b. What is the meaning of the word 'brand'? Winexpert is the company name. Selection is a family of kits that WE produces. "Selection Original" is a line of kits within that family. Saying "Winexpert Merlot" is useless. Saying "Winexpert Selection Merlot" is much more useful.

2. You should be able to bring kits across the border to Canada. Not sure why you would want to. They are probably cheaper in Canada. One exception is the cans of highly concentrated fruit.

3. In the past, there have been folks from Windsor on this forum.

Steve

Steve, thanks ever so much for taking time to reply.

In the meantime I've done some googling for Windsor area on-premises vintning and found most if not all the companies (brand) being mentioned here in the forum. i.e. Ken Ridge, WineExpert, VinBon and others.

Again, thanks for the reply.

1. WineExpert is the company, and they are Canada based. Selection is the Brand, as Is Vintners Reserve which is another Winexpert brand. Other Companies that offer many brands ranging from Value, to Super Premium are Vineco, and RJ Spagnols. They are also Canadian companies go to their websites they are pretty good and will show you just how big their selections are.

2. I think you will find better prices and availability in Canada, especially in Ontario. I live in rural NS and have pretty much every brand within a 20 minute drive from me

As a side note Many of the winekit manufacturers parent companies also own many commercial wineries around the world, which is part of the reason they are able to offer so many varieties.

Latest posts

Back