Kit Juice differences

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MTJoeT

Junior
Reaction score
How come some kits contain more juice than others? E.G. Master Vintner® Winemaker's Reserve has 2.6 gallons while Master Vintner Sommelier Select has 4.2 gallons and both make 6 gallons. I understand the cheaper ones that have less juice, you just make 5 gallons instead of 6, like suggested.

Is the WR concentrate while the Sommelier is straight juice?

on another note how much fruit do I need to make 6 gallons of wine? Is this dependent on the fruit type? I think I read somewhere it takes 100lbs for 6 gallons?

@joeswine you seem to be a guru who knows all. Care to impart some knowledge on this noob, please?

Thanks all.

Last edited:
I think any kit that require the addition of water to achieve 6 gallons has some amount of concentrated juice. the only non-concentrate juice I have found are the juice buckets available from Mosti Mondale, there probably are others.

Walker's also offers unconcentrated juice.

how much fruit do I need to make 6 gallons of wine

Depends on whether you are skin fermenting, your press, and the grape berry size since small grapes have more volume taken up by the seeds and skin. Rule of thumb is it takes 13-16lbs per gallon.

Latest posts

Back