WineXpert Kit from 2008?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MandyP

Junior
Reaction score
I've taken a break from winemaking. Like, a long break. I have two wine expert world vineyard kits from the early part of 2008. Toss them? Sell them?

I've taken a break from winemaking. Like, a long break. I have two wine expert world vineyard kits from the early part of 2008. Toss them? Sell them?

Let me preface this by saying I am a cheapskate.

I would replace the yeast and KMS and make one, as long as you still have the fermenter. Not much to lose at this point. Anyone who makes wine kits would be hesitant to purchase a 7 year old kit. Why dump it when it may just give you a drinkable result for very little investment. Your call, but that is what I would do.

I personally would make a port out of it - use 1 gallon less water and see how it tastes ? You may need to add alcohol to it - all depending on the out come.

This is what I did with an extremely old kit that was given to me.

I agree with Roger80465
selling a 7yr old kit isn't very likely... and dumping it seems like a waste. get a new yeast pack for a buck and let r rip...
the worse that can happen is that you'll end up dumping it in 6 weeks.... but it might turn out very drinkable..
The must should be sterile so i'm guessing it would probably turn out alright

Thank you! But I forget, what is KMS?

KMS or K-meta is short for Potassium Metabisulfite.
It's the yeast stabilizer that likely came with the kit, can also be used as a sanitizer

Latest posts

Back