Kit & Country Wines of Warren

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
smiley1.gif
THere are a lot of subject matter to choose from some of our topics were corks,types ,ect,wines more specific (a taste of italy)each one had made or bought a wine bottled in that country we then pinpointed the region in which the grapes of oringin)bottling how to ,different methods to do this really fun,F/pacs-extracts and forced carbonation of wine(actual process from,the more you can think the more there is to talk about,wine clubs are a great adventure
smiley20.gif
and than theres the social side always nice

Good ideasfor the topics, degassing was next on my list....so far everyone is a newbie and I'm trying to show the basic stuff without over welming them with things that need to be done....

So does everybody have their own primaries, carboy's etc? What kind of kits did Ted pick up? Do you guys have a central meeting place or rotate around between members? I would think transporting things around would be a big PITA! Another topic for thefuture could be label making. Show the basics and cover what softwares can be used, where to get pictures, etc. Cover the basics and then see what everybody can create a home. Then when you get to bottling, they will have their labels ready and you can incorporate label application at that time and maybe shrink capsule application.

AS a rule when we have a meeting and the topic is sellected no one carries anything largr than a bottle or two and something to eat at each meeting and that floats month to month,example this month my place,F/PACS and extracts,next month our group to do list for the year,march we'll be tasteing a case of wine ship to us from a wine group in VA>,we inturn ship them ours for evaluating,april gino pintos,winery for a meeting about the chilean wines coming in and so on,but this takes everyones effort to make it happen ,we work it out,as wine makers do
smiley20.gif
Edited by: joeswine

appleman;
They have 4 primaries and 6- 6gal carboys and for now they are leaving them with Ted [one of the members where we have been meeting] ...I feel some of the members will miss out on part of playing with their wines, but this is how they want to do it for now
smiley5.gif
.....We started 2 Island Mist kits...Stags Leap selection kit and a selection Gewurztraminer kit.....

Wednesday night we had another meeting of the Kit & Country Wines of Warren. We spent the evening sampling some wines and working with their 4 kits. They completed step 3 of their Wine Expert kits, stirring the snot out of them and adding stablizers, clearing agents and F-packs as needed. Debbie was really good about keeping track of which carboy had which wine and what to add to each.

Here's Bert and Rodney doing some stirring.

20080209_084337_Rodney.jpg

Take a moment and smile, boys!
20080209_084604_smiles.jpg

Randy and the other Deb were busy degassing too.
20080209_084955_degas.jpg

Ted seemed to be in charge of the cleaning and sanitizing and was having a good time. He'll do anything to get people to visit him...
smiley2.gif
Oh Ted, you know we love ya!
20080209_085313_tedsmile.jpg

Bingo was helping too. She has trouble holding a glass so we let her drink from her bowl.
20080209_090258_Bingo.jpg

No, that's not wine. It's Kool-Aid that Ted put in her bowl strictly for the photo-op. She got a few laps of it and then the prop was removed and filled with cool, clear water.
As Smurfe would say, "No animals were harmed in the creation of this post!"
smiley36.gif

We are having loads of fun with our wine club! It's a lot more fun than we anticipated. Our next meeting will be here at the castle. I don't think we'll be doing work, we'll be tasting and eating. My kind of meeting!

The club just keeps getting better. A real sense of sharing among members. Keep up the good work and have fun at the Castle at tne next meeting.

Seeing that last picture reminds me of a picture Will took of Joe's dog a year ago. He snapped the picture at just the right moment when the log was licking or something to where the dog looks absolutely drunk with it's tongue hanging out! I would post it but I would need to scan it first. It would be a good picture to use for a neame like "The Drunken Dog Winery".

Latest posts

Back