just wanted to share my excitment

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ninjamonkey

Reaction score
Just put my first ever batch of hard cider in the freezer and I took a little sip. It came out tasting just like a flat champagne. This was my first time fermenting and didn't expect it to turn out so well. This is a big motivator to try bigger better things.

Congrats! You'll be stocking up on carboys in no time! :)

Thats how it starts! Years ago my kids gave me a cheap wine kit from a household store. It had a colapsible fermentor and everything that I needed including the bottles. I made the wine it came out "not bad" Couple years later I got a "real" kit for Christmas, liked how it turned out. Now I have mutiple batches aging in carboys. My daughter has me making wine for favors for her wedding next year. Hold on for the ride!

Lil hint from my buddy who make this a lot: If you intend to bottle it let the yeast flocculate out in the fridge and then put priming sugar in your beer bottles, fill and cap. You should wind up with a nice effervescence.

Well I put it through the freezer twice and got two mason jars from one gallon. Tastes great. Its really strong. Now I'm just letting it age in the fridge.

When you say you put your hard cider in the freezer....did you freeze the fermented juice, then thaw to a certain point, etc? aka Apple Jack?

Or am I missing something about why you would put it in the freezer?

Latest posts

Back