WineXpert Just ordered Two Kits Thoughts on them

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Good Day Everyone;

Well as a homebrewer and someone who has just recently entered the world of winemaking I can say thanks to all the help I have gotten here. I recently completed my first two kits a Black Cherry Pinot Island mist and the California Moscatto. The mrs liked the Moscatto so much I ordered it again along with the World Vineyard Washington Reisling as well. The Reisling is in the primary as I write this...but leave it to one of the vendors to have such an outstanding sale on items I couldn't resist so I jsut ordered today, Wine expert Selection Enigma and Island Mist Black Raspberry Merlot.

We are not big red wine drinkers in our house but the descriptions on the kits at labelpeelers made them hard to resist I have searched and have not seen anything recently on either of these particular kits.....So I am asking now if you have done either of these reds what are your impressions what food go well with them....So on and so forth....Any Help Greatly appreciated.

Funny you should mention the Enigma. I was just pondering using it to top off a Shiraz this morning.

I made the kit in October 2014 and it is a pretty good, dry red wine. Lots of dark fruit and some vanilla up front. It is supposed to be a comparable wine to the commercial one called Apothic Red which tends to be just a little too sweet for some, but I like it for the first couple of glasses. This is not as sweet. I stuck pretty close to the instructions on the kit and didn't add anything except some Tannin Riche and about 4 oz med toast American oak.
If you have friends that are red drinkers, I think you will have a winner for them.

Back