Just got my floor corker

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
question

My son just bought us one, when adjusting the plunger do you have to use a cork or how do you do this, to get the right depth

My son just bought us one, when adjusting the plunger do you have to use a cork or how do you do this, to get the right depth

I used a sacrificial cork. Easy to adjust once you see how far in or not the cork went. If you switch corks you may find yourself having to again readjust.

I have been using used corks to get the adjustment now. I just keep the ones I pull from bottles that I bottled (I am now actually drinking some of them), and they are the same as the ones I keep using, so I don't have to waste a good cork getting the adjustment right.

Lousy pic, but as you can see, the rod is welded at the top, and has a "nub" at the bottom, on the Portuguese floor corker. So you can't take it off or add a different nut to it. That's about the only flaw I see in this thing so far. I'm gonna try some Loctite today.

IMG_0956.jpg

I have been using used corks to get the adjustment now. I just keep the ones I pull from bottles that I bottled (I am now actually drinking some of them), and they are the same as the ones I keep using, so I don't have to waste a good cork getting the adjustment right.

Lousy pic, but as you can see, the rod is welded at the top, and has a "nub" at the bottom, on the Portuguese floor corker. So you can't take it off or add a different nut to it. That's about the only flaw I see in this thing so far. I'm gonna try some Loctite today.

I use electrical tape around the nut and screw to prevent it from walking up or down. It is then easier than loctite if you ever need to adjust it down the road

If you want a "high end / pretty" mat Dillard's had anti fatigue rubber mats with wine decor / artwork on them. They were $9.99 but on sale I got one for $6

Latest posts

Back