Just bottled my first 3 wines :-)

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

froeschli

Reaction score
Since I was running out of carboys, and the three were pretty clear, I decided to bottle them today.

blueberry-banana-mead.jpg

From left to right (big bottles) blueberry-pomegranate, banana (oh all you people who say it doesn't taste like banana are liars btw :p), and mead with a touch blueberry (what can i say, at first racking, i had too much leftover of one, not enough in the other...).

A bit dry for my tastes, but they should be great once aged a little. And I just love the colour :)

Now I can start 3 new projects....

froeschli said:
Since I was running out of carboys, and the three were pretty clear, I decided to bottle them today.

From left to right (big bottles) blueberry-pomegranate, banana (oh all you people who say it doesn't taste like banana are liars btw :p), and mead with a touch blueberry (what can i say, at first racking, i had too much leftover of one, not enough in the other...).

A bit dry for my tastes, but they should be great once aged a little. And I just love the colour :)

Now I can start 3 new projects....

Your wines look good! What are you fermenting next?

Very nice! I have been wondering about banana wine and how people say that it doesn't taste like banana. Is the flavor strong, light or somewhere in between?

Very nice! I have been wondering about banana wine and how people say that it doesn't taste like banana. Is the flavor strong, light or somewhere in between?

i find the flavour quite strong. and the smell is amazing. But, I used lots of bananas (i think about 15 for one gallon) and they were brown and mushy... it hasn't aged much yet - i only started the batch a few weeks before christmas. so it should be interesting down the road...

Next will probably be an apple-mead (yes, i know it has a proper name, but will have to look that up) and i am hoping to do a maple syrup wine too...

They look great!! Next time, if they are a bit too dry, back sweeten lightly to offset it.

Back