Juice bucket merlot

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wood1954

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last year I made a 5 gallon bucket of california merlot Juice. Thanks to riceguy for helping me meet a wine club that orders juice buckets. I bottled it today. It’s a very nice smooth wine with a hint of chocolate to it. Low in tannin and low in acid, a little more tannin and it would be about perfect for me. I almost added some tannin but will need my carboys soon and I still have four more to bottle. I think I paid $56 for the juice and it yielded 31 bottles of good wine. It’s almost good enough to make me give up my Marquette vines, but not quite. This year I hope to pickup a Cabernet sauVinson.

I like the merlot with a little oak so it makes the flavor pop. Not a great description but that’s what I add to the carboy upon aging. Cali juice.
Joe

Last year I made a 5 gallon bucket of california merlot Juice. Thanks to riceguy for helping me meet a wine club that orders juice buckets. I bottled it today. It’s a very nice smooth wine with a hint of chocolate to it. Low in tannin and low in acid, a little more tannin and it would be about perfect for me. I almost added some tannin but will need my carboys soon and I still have four more to bottle. I think I paid $56 for the juice and it yielded 31 bottles of good wine. It’s almost good enough to make me give up my Marquette vines, but not quite. This year I hope to pickup a Cabernet sauVinson.
$56 for a six gallon pail is an excellent price. I’m paying $70 for California and $85 for Italian juice.

Latest posts

Back