Jime Beam Aquired By Japanese Company

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The selloff continues. AB owned by Belgians, Beam by the Japanese. Chrysler? I don't even know who owns them any more. :re

My BIL has a Maker's Mark barrel aging there with his name on it, so I could not wait yesterday to let him know his barrel is now owned by a Japanese company! :)

Good Riddance!
I am not a fan of Jim Beam. I think there is better out there. Superior for the same price.

But I have a coworker who feels compelled to buy me a bottle of the green label every year for the holiday.

I make manhattans, I do pickle back shots, anything to get rid of these bottles!

Good Riddance!
I am not a fan of Jim Beam. I think there is better out there. Superior for the same price.

But I have a coworker who feels compelled to buy me a bottle of the green label every year for the holiday.

I make manhattans, I do pickle back shots, anything to get rid of these bottles!

Allow me to be FIRST to say I will gladly email you my address if you are serious about getting rid of them! I know I am taking one for the team, but I will handle it stoically. Seriously, happy to take any and all off your hands.

Good Riddance!

If they ever give you a bottle of 'Bookers', I'd like to offer my own professional disposal service! I'll even pony up for the shipping cost to my disposal site!

I'm waiting for BIL Matt's barrel to be done. I have not been much of a MM drinker - I prefer Prichard's Double Barrel Bourbon to all others (http://prichardsdistillery.com) - but if he'd toss me a bottle of his private label MM that would be fine with me. It is nice to at least KNOW someone who is rich.

Y'all see if you can get some Double Barrel Bourbon. I was present when it beat Chivas Regal in a blind taste test. He also makes a chocolate bourbon and a fine bourbon liqueur called Sweet Lucy. I have people in Illinois I have hooked on Sweet Lucy who have made their liquor stores stock it now!

I can smell it at my farm when Phil distills.

KInda like elmer, I dont care for jim beam at all, are wild turkey..I do like makers mark, and most Canadian Club...amongst others....

If they ever give you a bottle of 'Bookers', I'd like to offer my own professional disposal service! I'll even pony up for the shipping cost to my disposal site!

Maybe I should have elaborated.
It is strictly Jim Beam I am not crazy about. Not the entire label!

I like bookers and one of my absolutley go to's is Basil Hayden.
Which astounds me about Jim Beam.
They can make a product as good as Basil Hayden and Bookers, yet continue to make the swill that is Jim Beam.

I equate it to Jack Daniels. I drank a lot of Jack in college, largely because I just did not know the name of anything else.
Now I will not touch it. There is far better out there for the same price.

But rest assured I am getting through the bottle of Beam, 1 pickle back shot at a time!

wth is a pickle back ? Chasing a shot by eating a pickle?

it is usually done with Jamisons.
But you chase the shot of whiskey with a shot of pickle juice.

The juice cuts out the bite of the whiskey and adds a really nice compliment.

I keep a jar of pickle juice with onions, garlic and hot peppers in it.
This way it is a spicey pickle juice.

Most people think I am crazy, until they try it!!!!

I have tried some strange things , for sure....from swamp rats to cave bats..oh....and fixing to be guinea pigs.

Well, I tried a pickleback shot. I took a shot of Jameson's, then a shot of pickle juice. It tasted almost exactly like a shot of Jameson's followed by a shot of pickle juice.

It wasn't bad, exactly, but I kinda missed enjoying the aftertaste of the whiskey. Maybe I will try again with your spicy pickle juice.

Latest posts

Back