Naked wines company

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This must be a change from when you were signed up before, but I'm pretty sure I saw where you can go online prior to them shipping, see which bottles they plan to send, and make changes within a certain time frame.
Cool! Although I'm very into trying things I've not tried before. My next case ships soon, I have to look into that.

In my quest to find affordable wine to drink while my homemade wine ages I decided to try this company. Their business model is pretty cool they fund winemakers all over the world and then sell them to investors like me. No questions asked if you want a refund on a wine You don’t like. Should have my first order this week. You can setup an automatic account to save up for the wines you want, it seems affordable and a way to try many different wines.
Hello Wood1954,

Naked Wines are a good source of characterful wines, often sourcing wines which are not mainstream, which is really good if you enjoy wine, very bad if you are an ignorant drinker; meaning, someone who criticises a wine because it isn't Sauvignon Blanc or a 15% full-bodied Australian steak guzzler.

The only reason I stopped buying from them is because my mother subscribes to a Laithwaites contract (Sunday Times Wine Club). The company has a very wide spread of types in England, mainly mainstream, but you can easily buy fantastic wines for the price, sometimes outstanding for under £10, after drinking a few hundred bottles; oh, the heroic things we suffer in the name of experience! They also have a system where you can upload your tastings; this is where you can really learn a lot about wine, by doing a WSET Level 3 tasting, which systematically evaluates a wine, breaking it down into 3 categories: the fruit, the winemaking, then the maturation. If you do this for every new wine, you will be able to even tell how a wine has been made. After hundreds of posted reviews, I'm in their top 10 reviewers at the moment.

There is one aspect of Naked Wine I don't like, they have a rude, abrupt attitude to their customers, and it seems that every winemaking prize is given to a South African winemaker; by strange coincidence the director is South African. However, they are a good source of interesting wine, for that alone, I can recommend them. I hope this helps.

The Costco Wine Advent calendar is the same thing -- the wines are mostly from less known areas, but all were decent. It was enough fun that I purchased a second one!
I bought this for my daughter. She's graciously sharing with me. She really likes many of them and will get again near year. I'm not much of a wine drinker but I love learning about all the variety's and blends.

You can't just buy wine from an overseas source and have it sent to you in the States can you?

Correct. By USA law, all wine sold in the USA from over seas must be sold by a distributor.

And it is complicated and difficult to get a distributor.

So... It may be easier to get non-wine products imported from China than it is is for French winery to get a bottle of wine imported from France.

I've been with Naked Wines for nearly 10 years without problems. If you get a bad bottle or one you don't like they replace it or refund it, no questions. They do favour relatively unknown Makers, and Start-ups. A lot of people say their wines are too young, so they are in a lot of cases. What you have to remember though, if you like your wines aged for you, YOU have to pay for the privilege. It's a bit swings and roundabouts. Unless you can taste them first, no company can guarantee that you will like their wines, and like the wines you make yourself, you hope but don't know for certain how they will age.
🍷☺️

Latest posts

Back