It's good to be back!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ms.spain

Reaction score
It sure is good to be back!i've been away from the boards for about a month.
On Sept. 29, I thought I was experiencing a bout of food poisoning.I went to a local walk-inclinic, and wasdiagnosed with an"intestinal infection".I was sent home w/antibiotics,and nausea pills. After 2 more trips to my physician and a CT scan 10 days later, The ER physician diagnosed me with a ruptured appendix that had been ruptured for 7-10 DAYS!!!
smiley3.gif

I got to take a flying trip by ambulance to Fort Smith Arkansas to Sparks Regional Medical Center.The next day I had surgery( with a nice long 7" incision) to remove what was left of the appendix and to clean out the infection.
After 8 days in the hospital, and a week and a half of recovery at dear ol' Mom's house, I'm thankful to still be here!!
smiley32.gif

I've been having withdrawals from not getting to visit this forum!!!
I guess there's just no place like home!

Welcome back and sorry to hear about your bout of appendicitis. Just glad you are still hear. Those can be very serious if not treated properly. Just ask Houdini!

Take care of yourself and glad to have you back on the forum.

Welcome back and heal fast and well! Sounds like you went through quite the ordeal. Glad to hear you are alright.

Welcome back, wow, 7 to 10 days, thats incredible. Hope your feeling better now. Ok start your winemaking engines!

Glad your back...Glad they figured out your problem and got it taken care of....have a speedy recovery and take care of yourself...
smiley31.gif

Good Lord! A ruptured appendix is extremely dangerous. And to think that infection was swirling for 7-10 days... wow.I'm really happy to hear that everything worked out and that you're ok. Take care of yourself. I prescribe wine!

Spain:
Welcome back... I'm thinking you are lucky to even be able to think of wine. A ruptured appendix from what I understand is very serious... Good luck on your recovery... jh

I feel your pain. Same thing happened to me years ago. I too have a nice 8"-10" scar as well. Mine burst the day before they estimated. It took me close to a month to get over the infection. I was in the hospital for 3 weeks.

Smurfe

Thanks everyone for all the well wishes!
smiley31.gif

I was sent home with 2 different antibiotics, so no alcohol.I took the last dose on the 30th. I actually got toenjoy a glass of1 year old persimmon wine and a mug of hard apple cider on Halloween.It sure was good!

After the surgery my Dr. said he attempted this laporoscopically,but then had to do the large incision to clean out the infection.i told him,"that's alright, I wasn't planning to enter a bikini contest anytime soon!"
Only good thing that happened was I lost 15 pounds-but it was sure a hard way to do it!

Sounds like your back on track...It is good that you are feeling so much better...the body can sure heal, and the mind forgets the pain...and life goes on.
I also lost 15 pounds after the Cancer surgery in April...the pounds are creeping back...one at a time....sure are hard to keep them off when you feel you are starving all the time...guess it's part of the recovery... :>)

Welcome back ms. spain....Sounds like you are on the road to recovery....Now the fun part...getting back to wine making....Best of luck and take care.

Welcome back Ms Spain,

A ruptured appendix is serious stuff! You are very fortunate, especially after that long. My wife's appendix burst while we were stationed in Japan, and her temp jumped to 105 and it was touch and go for a while. She hates the scar too! They had to go in twice to get all the infection.

Glad that you are doing so well. Take it easy for a while!

ms. spain

Wow, you have really been through it but glad you are recovering. I work for a doctor and he would have suspected appendicitis right away and you would have been right in the hospital. Sometimes I wonder about those walk-in clinics. Take care, take it easy and enjoy the winemaking and forum therapy
smiley27.gif
......................Ramona

Latest posts

Back