• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wine Making Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Italian Floor Corker on eBay

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"It easy easily reassembled and the white card in the pictures above has easily understood directions in both English and Italian."

What, no Spanish ? How UnAmerican. :)

Thise are great deals!!!!!!! If I didnt have either I would grab both!!!!!!!! Nice find Rocky!!!

Last edited:
They are both active bids. I see them going a lot higher before it's all over.

Flem is probably right. The trick is to pick a price that you would be willing to pay for the item, enter it as your "maximum bid" and let the chips fall where they may. I was thinking if we had a forum member in that area of Wisconsin and they could pick up the items rather than paying for shipment, they would have an advantage.

Can an Italian corker handle the 375 ml bottles? Or do I have to use the Port corker?

If they ar the shorter bottles then both corkers will need something under the bottles like a Hockey puck to raise them up to a proper level. If they are the thinner tall ones like a Bellissima bottle then both will work just fine as is with nothing under the bottles.

In that case, I have 2 Portugese floor corkers for sale on Craigs list in Pittsburgh. One was used to do 2 batches of wine, the other has never been used (to my knowledge). Acquired from a winery going out of business.

Hehehe, Freaking FVW's bad link back to that infamous Bucket of Merlot!! It gets me all the time to!!! Some of them are like an inch shorter, just enough that a floor corker wont reach hence the hockey puck or pce of wood.

I also do both the burgundy and bordeaux shaped bottles with my Italian without any problems (with room to spare).

Well I must say I dont have the Italian so maybe it has just a little more adjustability but from what I was told pretty much everything was the same except the brass Iris and the longer throw on the arm which makes it a little easier to cork, more leverage.

I don't know Wade, maybe there's a little more length in spring loaded base. I don't have a Portugese, so I have nothing to compare it to.

FYI, the floor corker (Italian) sold for $81.00 and the vinator/drying rack sold for $21.50. Not horrible and not what you would call a "steal" considering it was used equipment.

Latest posts

Back