It was a Blueberry kind of Day

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to ask, what does the temp in those tanks go to when they are sitting in the sun like that? IIRC, I usually see them inside. Are they out just to be cleaned or something? Sorry for the stupid question. :?

I have to ask, what does the temp in those tanks go to when they are sitting in the sun like that? IIRC, I usually see them inside. Are they out just to be cleaned or something? Sorry for the stupid question. :?

Not a stupid question at all.

SS could certainly heat up in the sun. Keep in mind these are not fermenting or aging tanks. They are holding tanking for fresh pressed juice. The Blueberry we pressed yesterday was racked to a SS tank and transferred to our production building which is climate controlled.

Not a stupid question at all.

SS could certainly heat up in the sun. Keep in mind these are not fermenting or aging tanks. They are holding tanking for fresh pressed juice. The Blueberry we pressed yesterday was racked to a SS tank and transferred to our production building which is climate controlled.

Thanks Dan. So, how long would the juice actually be in those tanks?

The juice is sulfated and has zymo clear added to it. It sits in them just a a few days to allow settling and then racked to a refrigerated trailer to be sold as retail bulk juice, moved to other tanks for fermentation or sold to our whole sale accounts.

Does anybody have a good blueberry wine recipe? Something with a lot of flavor.

Latest posts

Back