WineXpert It has been awhile

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cindyjo

Reaction score
Hello all,I am back. I have not been able to make any wine recently or even visit the forum due to a number of factors; school, money for kits, holiday madness, an active 2 year old and an aging parent. But I was able to take a deep breath tonight and placed a rather large order. Once I recieve my order I am sure I will have plenty of questions. I order the J reisling as that was my first batch which is almost gone and I loved it, the Cabelote, for a friend who prefers reds and it sounded interesting, a German Muller-Thurgau, cause it sounded interesting and the Island Mist Wildberry Shiraz as that sound nice for summer. I cannot wait for my delivery. Now I have to come up with some bottles. I hope to be more active again. Talk to you all soon

Well welcome back. Looks like you dove right back into the deep end.
smiley20.gif

Welcome back! Nice order you've got there! We're glad to see you again. Call all your friends and tell them, "I need bottles!"

Welcome back Cindyjo and hope your supply hasnt diminished too much.

Thank you all for your welcome. This is the nicest forum. My supply is very diminished as I have found that a bottle of wine is a nice last minute gift for people at the holidays. I gave away a ton. My husband is pretty good at diving into the recycables for bottles for me and I am passing the word to my friends. I know the Riesling is good but does anyone know the other wines?? The combination of the Cab and Merlot sound very interesting to this white wine drinker and that German wine sounds good too as I like citrusy things. I would appreciate any feedback.

Welcome back Cindy:

I would highly recommend a Gerwiz for the citrusy taste you are looking for. A good kit will have an almost grapefruit flavor to it.

For a nice white that in line with the Riesling but a little different I would suggest a Symphony.

And if you want a German wine thats different, Try a Piesporter Kit, but make sure it comes with dried elderflowers, if it doesn't, get a packet and put in during fermentation, you won't be sorry. Piesporter has a nice aromatic, flowery, spicey notes to it....... a nice dry white that mixes it up a bit.

The German Muller Thurgau is a nice wine as I have not made it but I have tasted it and will probably make 1 sooner or later.

I actually meant to order the symphony after reading the forum but will save it for next time. I will also look into that Gerwiz as I do like a citrusy taste. What I need now is a bigger wine rack. My husband is a great mechanic but not much of a carpenter.

Maybe he can weld some rods and piston rings together to make a wine rack.
smiley36.gif

Lets not give him any idea's. We have enough parts in the basement to build a car down there. I really could use that room for my wine making area.

cindyjo said:
My husband is a great mechanic but not much of a carpenter.

I see Piston Rods holding wine bottles for some reason.....
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif

Edit: LOL..... I didn't even see your post Wade.....
smiley36.gif

Edited by: jobe05

Latest posts

Back