WineXpert Island Mist Mango

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CajunTim

Reaction score
Hi all,
OK, so I am starting my first kit wine for my wife. It's a Mango Citrus Symphony. I did step one and it is now sitting with the yeast on top. It says to let it sit of 5 to 7 days.
Question is, it does not say any thing about stiring the juice during that time. Do you all just let it sit or do you stir after fermentation is going good?

If it makes you feel better by stirring it go ahead. It won't hurt, but be sure to sanitize you spoon first. If you don't want to go through the trouble, since it is all juice, the fermentation process with all it's bubbling does a good job of stirring it up all by itself.

Your wife is sure to like this one!
smiley20.gif

Dont have to stir, I just did the apple, and it was about as easy a kit as could be. Tastes really good too after about 3.5 weeks.

Thanks all, I think I will just peek at it from time to time and make sure all is going well.

Dont lock the top on the fermenter then. Just put the airlock in it and lay it on top. Makes it easy to take a peak.

Latest posts

Back