Is this press restorable?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arkansan07

Reaction score
I found this press on craigslist here in my home town. Do yall think this could be restored and used?

1424445419663.jpg

I would say that it is. In the best of all possible worlds, I would take it apart, sand blast it, then cost it in food grade metal paint.

I would take the $100 and spend on a good press. this is really old and will become cumbersome over time as your wine making increases in volume. A good bladder press will go along way in your needs and be labor saving as well.

I bought a similar one for alot less and refurbished and it came out nice - it is more of a show piece than anything else.

Damn. That could be beautiful. Might be worth the money and refurbishment just to sit there as a conversation piece.

I have one of these and it is more for show than anything else. We used it more making sausage. It is not very big to be able to use if as a fruit press for winemaking. I think it was more of a fruit press for jelly making.

Latest posts

Back