Is this a good deal?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bub307

Reaction score
includes airlocks, hydrometers, hose, glass carboys:1-5gal 1-6.5gal 4-1gal, rubber stoppers, funnel and spoon. 125.00

as used equipment
2 carboys $40
hydrometers $3
4 one gallon $12
misc $15

Total and I priced them at a premium..$ 70

I would pass or offer $75 at the most. With that said, the price you pay for used equipment depends largely on your location. I would not pay more then $40 for the glass and would expect them to throw the rest in as part of the deal.

Bub, that is a very bad deal. You could get all of that brand new from some suppliers for less. Here in Ohio we pay $34.50 for 6 gallon, $29.90 for 5 gallon, $14.95 for a case of 4 one gallon jugs, stoppers are about $1 each, spoon is $3.95 and an 8 inch funnel is $5.50. That would be about $95 for everything he is offering brand new. An offer of about 2/3 of that would be fair.

I think it will be good deal within all particulars. Actually i am not sure. Just make an assume about it.

As others have said that price is too high, come back with a counter offer. I would offer $75 like Dan said.

Latest posts

Back