Is Clearing Necessary?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SpoiledRotten, haven't seen you on here for awhile. Loved your comment.

Julie, I've been missing you and my other old friends, here. When I get a new toy or new interest added to the ones I have, I usually spend time on those type of forums to get the knowledge I need to use it. Well, we recently upgraded our hot tub, and have been spending some time on a couple of hot tub forums so I don't destroy it. Now, I'm going to be back for a while.

LA wanted opinions so I had to give an honest one. That thick "wine" just doesn't look like something I'd want to try. The Pinot Noir that I make has got a lot of "body" to it, but it doesn't look like it came from the Ice Cream Parlor.

As most of you will remember with me, the biggest thing you guys had to get me to understand was the three "P"s. Patience... Patience... Patience. I finally got around to that and my wines are much more enjoyable.

Last edited:
LA,

Another option is to stabilize, clear, sweeten, and then add back some fruit to make it cloudy again. I just added 4 cup of mashed triple berry to a cleared skeeter pee and it tastes great. I don't mind cloudy wine for early drinkers on hot summer days that I store in jugs and growlers. But if I plan to give it as a gift or store the wine for a long time, then I would clear it.

SpoiledRotten's clear strawberry sure looks great.

How is your homework coming along? :)
Chris

Trying to clear this peach / Rhubarb I put super kleer to it on Saturday today the same look what next??

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Wine Making mobile app

I had a pineapple wine that would not clear so I just named it Pineapple Haze and they thought it was on purpose.

Latest posts

Back